I am looking the address of a place in Budapest

Where Rob Zombie is filming Munsters movie? It is somewhere in Budapest. Take a look at the pics of a place.

https://i.ibb.co/QnP5ZtS/hungary.png
https://i.ibb.co/NLBcHQT/hungary-2.png
https://i.ibb.co/JpJ2rqF/hungary-3.png

more images of a place here

The address of course is 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

I suspect this is being built on the backlot of Korda Studios in the village of Etyek outside Budapest.

They have a Filmpark there where visitors get a tour of the backlot. The Munster Mansion will no doubt be an atttraction one day.

(I assume you realize those photos are of a movie set that's just been built! There's nothing there anyone would recognize.)

zif wrote:

The address of course is 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

I suspect this is being built on the backlot of Korda Studios in the village of Etyek outside Budapest.

They have a Filmpark there where visitors get a tour of the backlot. The Munster Mansion will no doubt be an atttraction one day.

(I assume you realize those photos are of a movie set that's just been built! There's nothing there anyone would recognize.)

Korda is more likely as they have lots of open ground.  But I also wonder about Origo Studios?

I sometimes come across movies and TV being made in the forests near me.  Couple of times I've caught them by surprise when I've unexpectedly entered their "area" at speed on my mountain bike.

It could be anywhere really.    The horror movie Midsommar was made about 2km from my house in a valley next to Farkashegy Airport.   

You'd never know it was there as all the buildings were just facades and they used green screen to fill in. It was all removed at the end.

The set for the Last Kingdom is also about 5km from house.  We found that one by surprise.

Two of the co-producers have close links with Korda and that Munster house would be a good addition to Korda's Filmpark. So that was my thinking.

zif wrote:

Two of the co-producers have close links with Korda and that Munster house would be a good addition to Korda's Filmpark. So that was my thinking.

Good to know.   It makes sense for them to stick to what they know.

no Mockingbird Lane in google maps in Hungary

Enchance Mechano wrote:

no Mockingbird Lane in google maps in Hungary

Of course  not. 

In the TV show, the Munsters lived at 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

I don't think it's being filmed in Hungary.  I Googled it and it seems to be located in California.

Other stuff is filmed here though.

There are two Munster Mansions in the U.S. There's the original one at Universal Studios in California and another in Texas.

But the latest Munster Mansion is indeed being built around Budapest, where filming is set to take place.

https://variety.com/2021/artisans/news/ … 235074021/

zif wrote:

There are two Munster Mansions in the U.S. There's the original one at Universal Studios in California and another in Texas.

But the latest Munster Mansion is indeed being built around Budapest, where filming is set to take place.

[link under review]

That's more detail on the Munster Mansions than expected.

Maybe reformat the link to stop it being blocked - put some spaces in it or maybe TinyURL (if not blocked as well)?

Just search "Variety Munster Mansion."

I have never figured out why some links get blocked and some don't. That link is to the website of Variety, the entertainment industry newspaper.

zif wrote:

Just search "Variety Munster Mansion."

I have never figured out why some links get blocked and some don't. That link is to the website of Variety, the entertainment industry newspaper.

Yes, blocking links of major newspapers (even if it includes Variety) is a bit strange.

Rob Zombie mentions Budapest.  While he's unlikely to know the difference between Budapest and Eytek (where Korda is), if he mentions Budapest, I reckon it would be Origo Studios.

Satellite images show work going on there on the backlot.

If you zoom in on that top photo you'll see what looks to me at least like high-tension towers, maybe antennas, behind the Munster Mansion.

I don't see anything like that behind the back lots at either Korda or Origo on Google Earth (which isn't always clear, though).

zif wrote:

If you zoom in on that top photo you'll see what looks to me at least like high-tension towers, maybe antennas, behind the Munster Mansion.

I don't see anything like that behind the back lots at either Korda or Origo on Google Earth (which isn't always clear, though).

I was looking at Copernicus data as it's free and updated far more often than Google Maps. I was thinking it would be possible to see the buildings.  But the satellite shows only 4 blobs (100m resolution).  They are new constructions. It could be they are the actual houses in the photos.  In Google Maps, it looks like they cleared the area.  There might be bulldozers there or other earth moving equipment.

I couldn't see any pylons on street view as it's too far away from the backlot and too many trees.  However, there's a Waste Recovery centre next to Origo.  Maybe they are generating power there as well which might explain the pylons/HV cables.

There's another studio  - Stern Studios at Pomaz - but they don't have a large backlot.

There are power pylons right behind the backlot of Fóti Studio.

zif wrote:

There are power pylons right behind the backlot of Fóti Studio.

By jove, I think you've got it.  Well done!  Better detective than me.

Look at this Google Maps link.

Zoom in and you can see Munster Mansion and the houses.

:)

Absolutely, that is it.

https://ibb.co/QnjptDr

zif wrote:

Absolutely, that is it.

https://ibb.co/QnjptDr

Well done Expat Team Hungary!

How do they handle that pylon while filming? Strange they'd put their backlot where something's looming in the background.

zif wrote:

How do they handle that pylon while filming? Strange they'd put their backlot where something's looming in the background.

Probably take it out digitally or green screen it.

When I saw them making Midsommar near here, they had covered some areas of sides of the valley with green screen material.  I've never seen the actual movie except clips - never got around to it. I think they inserted buildings into it digitally.  They hadn't built an entire village, only parts of the facades.   

What was interesting to me was how they might have eliminated the sounds of aircraft from Farkashegy airfield.  As you take off (land) from there, turn right (left to final), you'd pass more or less directly over the set.  During the summer, it's quite a busy place with powered and glider aircraft there all the time.

In the movie, The Martian, they changed the skyline of Budapest to appear as Beijing or other place in China.   It was all very identifiable if you knew where it was.   Careful camera angles eliminated many of the obvious things like trams crossing bridges.

I guess, all in a days work for skilled filmmakers.