Our new UAE Guide is up!

Hey everyone!

I hope you are all doing well and are either settled in your new home in the UAE comfortably or finding all the help you need in order to get your expatriation projects rolling smoothly.

Here at Expat.com, we are always trying to find new ways to be closer to our community and to help you out. And this is why our editorial team has just delivered on our newest baby: the UAE guide!   

The UAE guide is packed with information about this beautiful country. From where the safest neighbourhoods are, to the nightlife scene or the job market, you will find everything you need to know about settling down in the UAE in our new guide!

Below are the different cities addressed and the links to them:

Dubai
Abu Dhabi

Please do not hesitate to send me a private message should you have any thoughts, suggestions or feedback on our UAE guide!

Warm regards,
Veedushi
Expat.com Editorial Team

Thank you for this guide! I am planning to look for a job in Dubai and move by April this year, and this material will really come in handy.

Hello iancsanchez,

We are pleased to hear that this guide will be very useful to you.  :thanks:

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to create a new thread on the United Arab Emirates forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.co team

Thank you for this guide 1f44d.svg
@Veedushi ,
The guide to Abu Dhabi is useful for newcomers, so thank you for that! However, I need to point out that some of the information in it is outdated in 2022, e.g. regarding Ramadan rules and Business days, both of which have become more expat-friendly. The part on alcohol consumption could also be more informative. No mention of Spinneys, or the fact that the tax-free allowance at AD airport is 4L per person, which you can conveniently buy on arrival. Nowadays there are several licensed restaurants/venues serving (a modest range of) alcoholic beverages that are not attached to hotels.
@Veedushi
hello Mam
Hello CayenneChristal,

How are you doing ?

Do you have any question ? Or any input regarding the Guide ?

Regards,
Bhavna
I am Newbie here, the information you shared is really very informative.
Thank you AbbeCharlotte !

If you have any question, feel free to open a new topic on the forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

All the very best,
Bhavna

Thank you so much for your helpful post :)