Mauritius Living

Hi

I am planning to migrate to Mauritius as i am expecting to get a Offer form one of the companies there.

The Company said would pay the Sal in USD and would not provide any accomodation  / car / facitlites like such. Everything had ot be looked out by me.

I would like to know how much woudl be required there for a family for 3 to live a good enjoyable life + savings.

Secondly, how are the rates for a second hand car over there? Is that cheaper or Car rental is better to have ?

Will the Indian License be accpted or need to take a fresh driving license in there?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Rama

Hi Rana and welcome to expat-blog :)

Maybe the topic on Cost of Living in Mauritius would be of some help to you?

Have a nice day further
Arlette

Hi FeeAcer

Thanks for the reply..

I went throught the post "Cost of living".  I heard from few people that internet is not usable in Mauritius as its very slow and very pooor. Secondly Not much entertainment channels in Television  /Cable too. So is there any other mode of entertainment there ?

yes, the best entertainment is to spend quality time with family :)

Hi Conface

Thanks for reply :).

Generally for an IT professional with around 7 years of Experience, what would be the payscale.

I am still unsure of what Pay to ask for my company.

Your advice would be helpful.

Thanks

rajramrvr wrote:

I heard from few people that internet is not usable in Mauritius as its very slow and very pooor.

Well, I lived from 2008 till 2010 in Mauritius (Trou aux Biches) and had a MyT 512 KB connection, often had 3 computers connected and rarely had any problems (even downloading films or big softwares). I only had one major breakdown (nearly one week) from 1st till 7th of January 2010!

Secondly Not much entertainment channels in Television  /Cable too.

Can't reply on this as I had a subscription for Canal+ (French Channels) which was satisfying for me!

So is there any other mode of entertainment there ?[/

Expat-blog get togethers! and all sorts of sports activities!

Great.. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Rama,
Welcome to Mauritius!!!
There are many Indian who have been transfred from Singapore to Mauritius and having a good life. You can drive here with an Indian license. If your salary is going to be in USD than I am sure it will be a good package.
We are all here to help so rest assuared and have a good time with your family in Mauritius.
Cheers!!!
Terence

hi Terence

Thanks much for ur response.