Do you have a tent? Feel like hiking around the hungarian countryside?

Hi everyone,

I'm a 35yr old female from Sydney. I was born in Budapest but moved to Australia in 1988 with my parents. I'm here in Budapest until end of Spetember.

I am wondering if anyone has a tent they would like to lend me for a few weeks?

Also, if someone is interested in coming for a tour of Hungary and Transylvania (part of Romania) let me know! I'd prefer someone about my age -I'm over the heavy drinking and getting home at 6am, but still love to get out and explore new things. I'm happy to go backpacking all over the countryside - I am a native Hungarian speaker and also speak fluent english, so communication would be in either of those languages.

Also, where do the expats get together? Are there any meetings or get togethers? Picnics etc? I do have family and a few Hungarian friends here in Budapest, but it's always nice to hear someone speak English too :)

thanks lovelies!
Anikó

If you don't get an offer of the loan of a tent they're cheap enough in Tesco. A few of my friends have recently bought some of varying sizes and quality.

Yes, that's what I was thinking too: It's likely to cost you more in time and travel fare to get to Szigetmonostor where we can lend you a tent than buying one new.

Unless you chalk it up as sightseeing, in which case you are welcome, just drop me a PM.

In fact tomorrow we are likely to do a day trip to the "Arts Valley" (HUUUGE one week artsy-folksy festival in Kapolcs), you could even hitch a one way ride and start your tour there.

Hi PDIinHungary,

thank you :)  I'll definitely keep it in mind.

great pic of your dog - I used to train and walk dogs inSydney and miss them so much :(

Enjoy your summer!
Anikó

Dear Szöcske!

thanks for your reply!

Where is Szigetmonostor? It sounds interesting!

Szöcske -what is a PM?

Hello golyo27!

PM stands for Private message.

Harmonie.

Anyone going to the Arts Valley in Kapolcs should not neglect the many unrelated but equally interesting festival and events ongoing in the various villages and areas of the Kali, Tapolca and Pécselyi Basin regions going on not just that week but all summer. They are often local and not well advertised in Budapest, so check local sources upon arrival.

And of course there are always the ever present Lake Balaton and the Balaton Uplands National Park.

Szigetmonostor is a tiny village on the Szentendre island :-)

The trip tomorrow is becoming complicated so I must retract that invitation, but you are welcome to visit us any time and borrow one of our many small and cheap tents :-)

Szocske

golyo27 wrote:

Dear Szöcske!

thanks for your reply!

Where is Szigetmonostor? It sounds interesting!

@Harmonie -thank you, obviously I'm quite new to this :)   -I know 2x Harmonies in Australia! Such a lovely name.

@klsallee -thanks for the tip, i'll keep my eyes and ears open for more info when I'm in the countryside.

@Szöcske -no problem, my parents seem to think that I'm here solely for them, so they keep organising things for me! I guess I only arrived a week ago, I'll give them another a couple of weeks :)   
If I happen to go near Szentendre, I'll be sure to drop you a line before :)  enjoy your day today-it is pouring here in Bp!
Ciao,
Anikó

Hi golyo27.

golyo27 wrote:

@Harmonie -thank you, obviously I'm quite new to this :)   -I know 2x Harmonies in Australia! Such a lovely name.

Thank you.:shy

But I would have preferred to be the only one wearing this name.:P

Ok, I stop, otherwise I will be off-topic.

Harmonie.;)