Does family reunification stops if I loose my job?

Hello everyone!

First, thank you all for all the information on this website, it's being extremely valuable for my wife and I. We are in a curious situation right now (a bit scared) and we would like to know more.

I'm italian, my wife is mexican and we came to Belgium because I had a job offer. We applied for the family reunification and we've been waiting for the answer for the last 4 months (2 more to go). The thing is that the company I am working for is about to go bankrupcy and is matter of time for me to loose my job. Will that affect the family reunification process for my wife?

At the same time, I am trying to look for other opportunities but is not easy. I am exploring the possibility of going freelance (I am a graphic designer). Will that affect the family reunification process too?

Thank you very much in advance :)

This is a good question. I LL like to hear the responses too.

Also how does immigration verify if the guarantor is out of job when the reunification visa application is already submitted? 
Do they ask again to submit recent salary slips later?

I don't think you should worry about them checking your application. What usually happens is that the city verify these documents when you submit. Usually the immigration do not directly verify when no issues have been raised by the municipality. Further, since you are an EU national they usually just tick off that you have all the documents. The focus is on non-EU nationals making family reunion requests. After 6 months the card must be issued if there is no decision was made. So by default it is issued. This is my experience with my family procedure a few years ago with a Belgian partner.  ​I also wouldn't report or mention this to the municipality. They would let you know if there is a problem. Good luck finding a job. That should be a priority ASAP. Let the community know the outcome or if there indeed issues.

I do not think they check but I can share my experience. I came here got married to the belgium. Appiled for my residence permit. I did not hear anything back from cityhall untill end of final week i went to update my orange card we asked the city hall about status and there was no news but city hall suggested us to submit my partner current pay slip again can help the decision. So i do not think they check i guess they will check the social status but they do not check if you are out of work or not as long as you have fixed contract. Not sure about freelance contract as they do not consider direct employee.

Well then, asking for salary slip later on is the check! In the case that the job has been lost or fixed contract, then it becomes a problem in approving the family reunification visa.

Hi all, regarding this conversation I have a question. My husband arrived with single permit to Belgium first in Sept 2020 but he had problem with his first employe and left job in the beginning of November 2020 and find another one but because of this he waited new single permit for 3 months and started to work again at the end of March 2021.

We applied for family reunification visa on 12 August and wait for the approval (I hope). But now his employee doesn't do what he promised and my husband's salary is about 1700 euro. The thing is I don't trust the employee and feels that he will fire my husband after our arrival.

In this case, I'm so confused that if we should wait if he apply another single permit before our family reunification process starts? Do you think he can take another single permit, I mean 3rd one in 2 years? (His first employee is reported to ABV (or smthng like that))

Because we are both non EU I'm so stressful about all these processes and we are separate for 14 months and I don't want to think go back to my country without him, what should be done if we got rejected, I'm so confused :(

Sorry for long story, I appreciate your suggestions.

Stay healthy 🙏🏻

Our annexure says my belgian partner needs to resubmit his payslips on the 5th month of my orange card

How much time required for family re unification? After three month my husband will Finnish his probation and get sallary slip???