Business work visa & EOSB

Hello,
  I am trying to find out if you are still entitled to End Of Service Benefits if you do not hold an Iqama.
    I am having difficulty finding anything on line as it seems to assume you have a work permit and iqama.

Do you have a contract with them? And why you don't have an Iqama? And did your contract ended? Or your resigned? I just want to have a general idea before I answer

It is not for me i have an Iqama it is for my work colleagues.  They have been told that they are entitled to EOSB even though no iqama.  We are changing companies

I think you got the wrong information.   As normal practice goes, they are NOT entitled for any EOSB unless the company is nice enough to give it to them.

If you want to know how to force the company: File a case at labor court, have them judge you as "deemed employees" i.e. practically employees who were working illegally, rule that your EOSB should be paid...........they will then fine the company and deport you for working illegally :).

Not worth it in my opinion.

Not sure if you understand what my question was, all i asked was are you entitled to EOSB if you have a work visa.

rikkihoward wrote:

Hello,
  I am trying to find out if you are still entitled to End Of Service Benefits if you do not hold an Iqama.
    I am having difficulty finding anything on line as it seems to assume you have a work permit and iqama.

This is what you asked.  There was no specific mention of whether you have a work visa or not - but was focused on EOSB and Iqama.   The question was not very clear.   But I think I clarified in my answer that, no EOSB entitlement accrues if you don't have an Iqama.

Secondly, a work visa is only valid for 90 days and is supposed to be converted into an Iqama.  If it is not converted then it expires.  No EOSB benefit is payable as it is within probation period.   

You need to understand the process.  A work permit is issued by MOHRE based on which a visa is granted to come to the Kingdom and get an Iqama within a set period of time.   At the end of the day, an Iqama is what is required to be entitled to an EOSB - as everything is linked to the number of this Iqama plus it defines you as a legal resident.

Think i understand, i have an Iqama but some people i work with have multiple entry work visa's that state there job title.  More asking if they are entitled to EOSB as they believe they are and i don't

I know things are different this year, but previously I had a work visit visa and got EOSB.

I think you need to read what has already been said before commenting.

I have already clearly mentioned that there are companies who will give you EOSB, irrespective of the type of visa you are on.  What we are debating is, if, your company decides to not give you the EOSB, then is the law on your side or not.  The answer to that is that no, the law is for people who are legally employed with an Iqama.  Hope it is clear now.