Need English Speaking Vet in Bucaramanga

Hi, Just moved here and having some trouble with my cat - my vet in the states thinks she should see a vet in Bucaramanga (where I live, more specifically Floridablanca) as soon as possible.  I don't know enough spanish to communicate well with the vet, so I'd like to find a place that has an english speaker or two. 

Any recommendations for a vet in Bucaramanga that might cater to expats?  Happy to pay the gringo price if it means I can get in to see a vet quickly. 

Thank you in advance!

Dear Emily,

Welcome to the Colombia forums of Expat.com ...

If you can't find a translator or a bilingual vet, you may post an English version of a phone call introduction and/or a description of Kitty's symptom(s) and Osage or I can translate for you.

Post-evaluation, have the vet write down instructions and we can translate again.

cccmedia near the Colombia-Ecuador border/Rumichaca

Veterinarians, good ones at least, do not really depend on a layman's description of a problem in any language because most of us do not really know much about animal ailments anyway except for the most obvious of problems, nor can we discern better than a vet, what is wrong with an animal. 

If your vet can write down the problem, certainly we can translate it into Spanish for you.

Remember, veterinarians are expert at finding out what's wrong and treating it even though they do not speak cat or dog or cow.

OsageArcher wrote:

If your vet can write down the problem, certainly we can translate it into Spanish for you.

Remember, veterinarians ... do not speak cat or dog or cow.

Or, if you prefer, we can translate from Spanish into English. ;)

I lived in Bucaramanga 2 years.

Not likely you will find an English speaking vet there.

Not many expats there, other than Venecos, and English is hardly spoken

Emily, I don't know any English speaking vets here in town offhand. However, I'm asking some people that know and will see if I can find any. I can recommend some vets here in town, and would be happy to pop over and accompany you if that helps at all. Let me know, this has been home for nearly 5 years now (next week) so I've got a few places I could recommend, and some specifically for cats.

I am sorry for the lateness of this post. We use this vet located in Palomitas. He speaks enough English and is very good

Arley Coceras
Pet-sur vetrinarian
Calle 149A #22-03 Terragona

[email protected]

317 3187052

Thanks