Excess luggage

My family of four are moving to Jeddah next month. Lufthansa say now only 1 piece of stored luggage allowed, half previous allowance :(

We are needing to send excess amounts over, and are looking for the most cost effective way of doing so... I am sure that many of you have had to tread this path before. We will be wanting to send up to 100 Kgs of standard excess luggage, meaning clothes, pictures etc from UK to Jeddah.

So, who has come up with suitable ways of doing this without breaking the bank please, currently we are looking at about £200 per 30 Kgs :sosad:

Thanks all.

200 GBP per 30 KG is over the top.

I used swiss cargo services based at manchester airport.

They transported 100kg from Manchester to Riyadh (they even organised the agent in Riyadh to collect the boxes from Riyadh Airport and deliver)

Total cost was 129.80 GBP

(this was refunded to me by my employer)

Hi there, I was browsing web recently as got same issue. I need to ship about 1-2 suitcases each around 30kg to London from Riyadh.Do yo think i should use Swiss cargo or is there any other company around, thank you kindly!

all should try Saudi or Gulf cargo, they are very cheap. or if you are coming by Lufthansa, the first bag is free and for the 2nd you need to pay 50 $.00 thats around 35.4. UK ponds i think.