Covid test

Hi, sorry as I can see this has been asked recently, but on my airlines website, they said i needed pcr test in airport then another day 5. So had the one in the airport but am struggling to find out whether i actually need one day 5 and if so where do i get it done and send result. I have a self administed test that i can do, but where to send the result?

The local medical centre in flic en flac didnt know anything about a test day 5 and the guy staying in the same place as me, was not told that any thing about doing a further test. Any help gladly received, as a bit confused and if i dont have to pay for another one, then ...

Hi My husband just landed last night with his covid test and then at the airport when landed in Mauritius, they will administer another covid test while at the airport.  Nothing was said about another day 5 covid test.  Must have your record of vaccines

Hi @FirstBerg the day 5 test is not another PCR test - it is the cheaper Antigen test, which you should be able to get in your hotel.

Not sure if you are living in an AirBnB / Guedthouse or with friends where you can go to have yiur Antigen test done.

I also saw that pharmacies stock the Antigen tests, but not sure whether these DIY Antigen tests will be officially accepted ?

I am in AirBnb.

I guess my options are to go to the local medical centre, who will do the quick test and then hopefully send the negative result to the appropriate gov department, or try to find the address I need to send the result and do the test myself.

I have phone my airline Emirates they said they do not book the covid Insurance cover that is via travel agent apparently.
The travel agent said the opposite. Anyone able to advise about the covid insurance cover.
Emirates said also they accept the government NHS pcr test but the travel agent was saying you need a private one

Interesting, but did they say where test result is to be sent?

Can anyone tell me which pharmacies on the island stock the self-administered Rapid Antigen test kits for Day 5 after arrival and where do the results have to be sent to ?

Went to the pharmacy at Bo'Vallon Mall and they do have rapid antigen test kits but say you will have no documntary proof of your result to send to anyone so they sent us to Darné - a private clinic in Floreal / Curepipe to have the tests done and get paperwork as proof

Darné Clinic, part of the C Care private hospital group +230 601 2300

Any ideas of a spot for the same in the west?  Won't get all the way to the north in the first five days!  Thanks

For the west, contact C-Care Clinic Cap Tamarin (same as Darné)

https://www.c-care.mu/c-care-clinic-cap-tamarin

Tel: (230) 484 0600

E-mail: [email protected]

And for rapid antigenic test kit, they are available in nearly every pharmacy of the island.

Regards,
A

Feedback from Darné / C-Care Clinic is that all we need is another PCR test 72 hours before we fly anywhere from here (they recommend to make an Appointment for this with them 5 days before)

They do not know anything about a rapid antigen test on day 5 after arrival and say it is sufficient to be fully vaccinated and to have a negative PCR test result immediately after arrival at the airport.

I arrived on Monday and had a PCR test done at the airport. There was no mention of  a test after 5 days or a PCR test before flying back.
Can anyone confirm if these are still required?

Hi
Depending on your country requirments you need to have a pcr test done 72hours before arriving at your country.
Apon entry into your country you will.be asked to produce this result .I did mine in Phoenix nova labs and received my results via email the day before departing mauritius .mayb check with your agent or country of origin .for arrival requirements .

Which country did youfly to?
I am flying back to South Africa

I am at SSR Airport today 25/11/21 and can confirm that a PCR test result is required before you can fly out of Mauritius

Also I have arrived here I am on day 3 so on day 5 I have brought NHS approved antigen tests can I take one and where in Port Louis will I need to submit results

From my own experience having arrived 3 weeks ago.

You do the antigen test on day 5 and take pictures of the results. Till today no one has followed up with me to verify.

It's a lottery, the local health authorities will do random checks.