Legazpi City

HI hope to be there in January 2022!!  Retired Navy and 70 in good health, may have a part time postion here.  Have been thru Wiki on this place have a good Filipina friend that lives near Baguio so will have some support thanks. JIM

I advise you to watch as many videos on youtube as possible concerning the Philippines BEFORE you come here to make sure you wanna live here. If you come to Baguio from Manila you will pay 200-300 USD for a taxi(possibly less) as there are still no busses running. (15usd 1 way by bus) I ride by the Victory Liner bus station once or twice a week on my motorbike and they are not accepting passengers-just cargo, boxes etc. Restrictions getting tighter and tighter here in the Philippines in regards to the covid. No one is traveling in or out of Baguio without a van or paying scalpers(taxis) to get back and forth to Manila or Cebu where you will be landing. I hope you don't get stuck at the airport or other places because of the restrictions. You have heard of the expression BUYER BEWARE? Same concept applies here. There are always consequences for the choices we make. Good luck. Sorry for the negativity. Expect the worst and hope for the best is the only honest advice I can give you. Good luck. Think carefully before coming here to the Philippines. It might be worth your timeto check out a few other countries.Better to be safe than sorry!

I understand man.. I try by best to think positive and look for the good in people and things.. sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

I would also urge caution on travelling to the Philippines just now. I had, in effect, 36 days of quarantine after travelling 10km for a day trip to Cebu to sign some legal papers and failing, a re-introduced, swab test on my return. Because of that experience, I am taking some time out of the Philippines, maybe up to 1 year, until things have settled. I have too much invested here to stay away permanently.

On the positive side, I note that you do not plan to travel until January. Things seem to be improving very quickly world-wide at the moment. Things might also improve here. (they might also get worse.)

Regards

Steve

lcdrski wrote:

HI hope to be there in January 2022!!  Retired Navy and 70 in good health, may have a part time postion here.  Have been thru Wiki on this place have a good Filipina friend that lives near Baguio so will have some support thanks. JIM

I admire your optimism. Frankly I would tear up the 2022 calendar at least as far as the Philippines is concerned assuming you are a visa on arrival visitor and don't have family there.
And even if the country is opened up, for some time there will be a whole raft of regulations such as face mask wearing that will dilute the experience. Like walking into a bar with no alcohol served  :o

Wrong. HOW CAN U SAY THIS?  Will be open In May.      Dumb Ass

Clit. This is your 2nd outburst in 10 minutes. You're either highly strung or on something. As a Filipino citizen if it's the latter be very careful: If Rodrigo catches you in the act he'll shoot first and ask questions later..

Thanks I have close friends that live near Baguio but not necessarily where I will end up. Have a lead om Aid work in Legazpi City and maybe business.  All the best JIM

cltisdale wrote:

Wrong. HOW CAN U SAY THIS?  Will be open In May.      Dumb Ass

You want to be reported again? You sir need to calm down or you will end up booted off this site.

Steve.