Working in Denmark

Hi there,
Can anyone give me some advice? I am originally from the U.K and I live in Spain. I have lived in Spain since 2015 and have permanent residency here and have the official Spanish residency document (TIE card). I have been offered a chance to work in Copenhagen but I was wondering if I am able to being a U.K. citizen after Brexit? The fact I am an EU resident, does that allow me? I am very confused. I asked the Danish consulte but they just sent me a link with all the Brexit info and I can’t seem to find any info related to my situation. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The question you are asking centres around EU Freedom of Movement, where all citizens of the member states have the right to live and work anywhere within the EU.  As a UK citizen, while you have permanent residence in Spain enshrined in the Brexit agreement, that does not port across to any other EU member state, so you are just the same as any other TCN looking for work in Denmark.

If you are determined to spend the rest of your life on the mainland, my advice would be to consider applying for Spanish citizenship, thus become an EY citizen.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Don't forget to consult https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB

/Nellie