Car rental

I am going to be in Romania - Cluj or Turda area. Can anyone give me som idea to get a good car rental for long term. I am looking for automatic (not manual) car. or is it better to buy a car?

Please let me know

Raj

rajenrai wrote:

I am going to be in Romania - Cluj or Turda area. Can anyone give me som idea to get a good car rental for long term. I am looking for automatic (not manual) car. or is it better to buy a car?

Please let me know

Raj

How long is "long term"?  If you are going to have residence permit and be in fact living there, you could buy a second-hand car to get around, search olx.ro to get an idea.

Renting a car may be far more expensive long-term, especially with an automatic.  You can find companies easily by Googling "inchierere auto Cluj cutie automata"

Romaniac

Thank you for the reply and some idea. I dont know how long my contract is gonna be. I am thinking I might be there for 6-12 months. I will be working in the Base near Campia Turzii. I never been there but I needed a place around there or Turda and a rental car.

When I looked online I found both car and rental expensive. I lived in Poland before and it was pretty reasonable price there. I thought Romania is same but it is not. I dont know if we can buy car because I dont have the resident permit. I dont even know what kind of paperwork we will have as contractors.
Currently I am in Germany as transition stay.

Thank you for your more advice.

raj

If you can give me some more tips about car and accomodation that would be great. I wanted to share with roomate if there is separate bathrooms but I see most of the apartments have shared bathroom. 

I saw the automatic care rental for about 42 Euro per day, which will be more than 1200 dollars a month, that would be ridiculously expensive. I dont know what I am gonna do. whats your experience buying a car there, how much do they cost approximately for an automatic car that is in fair condition.

please give me some more idea, if you dont mind.

Raj