Looking for a student job

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well :)

I'm writing this little message because at the moment I'm in France and I'm student, currently I'm looking for a job in USA.

I would like to go to the USA to practice my English and learn more about the culture !

The problem is that I don't know where to look for a student job, if any of you know any websites I thank you in advance.

I wish you a good day,

Alex

It's impossible to come to the US to learn English and find a job as a student.

If you visit the US with a tourist visa, you're not allowed to work or go to school. 

If you want to go to school, you must enroll in a university, pass an entrance test, apply for student visa, and pay for the tuition from your own fund.  If you receive grants from the university, they will help you with a part-time job on campus as part of of the financial package, but not a regular job.

Thank you for your answer !  And if I just want to work because in France I already have online studies and I would love to come to the US just to work and practice my English of course visit!

If you come to visit, you cannot work.  If you come as a student, you cannot work (unless it's part of the financial package as I said above).  That's the same in every country.

Alex_T98 wrote:

Thank you for your answer !  And if I just want to work because in France I already have online studies and I would love to come to the US just to work and practice my English of course visit!

Hey mate Alex,

You'll need to obtain an employment offer and a sponsored/skilled work visa to work in the USA - or any country. Google H1B visas for the USA.

You're a French citizen, right? If you're currently a student in France and/or under 30, you could consider exchange student or working holiday visa options in Oz, NZ or Canada - English speaking countries that offer a fantastic experience 👍🏽 I don't think the USA gives you that option. But please google this - I'm no expert. All the best!

Nami the Nurse wrote:
Alex_T98 wrote:

Hey mate Alex,

You'll need to obtain an employment offer and a sponsored/skilled work visa to work in the USA - or any country. Google H1B visas for the USA.

You're a French citizen, right? If you're currently a student in France and/or under 30, you could consider exchange student or working holiday visa options in Oz, NZ or Canada - English speaking countries that offer a fantastic experience 👍🏽 I don't think the USA gives you that option. But please google this - I'm no expert. All the best!

Oz, NZ, CAN are closed right now.

Hi stellaring,

Welcome to expat.com, and thanks for taking the time to sharing this information!

This topic has been inactive for a few months, please do not hesitate to share your experience or tips on the USA Forum1f609.svg

Vero
Expat.com team