9 weeks since EP appeal but no updates yet :(

This is continuation of my other post at https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=94822

Just to give a heads-up, I received an offer a well-known Singapore based company with a salary hike of about 35% with a good role and perks. However my EP was rejected in a week and the HR made an appeal without any changes in the proposed salary. My EP process timeline is as follows,

Jul 27 - EP applied
Aug 2 - EP Rejected (Significant difference in the salary which doesn't tally with the candidate's credentials)
Aug 4 -  EP Appeal (I was asked to wait for 3 weeks)
Aug 23 - I was informed by HR that MoM needs another 3 weeks time to review the application
Sep 13 - HR told me that they asked MoM to expedite the process

It's been more than 10 weeks since my EP application and more than 9 weeks since my appeal was made. I am really worried why MoM is not responding to my application :(

After all, I need an outcome from MoM so that I can go ahead to finding another job. Meanwhile, I tried to find other job offers. Due to this long wait, I have lost those offers as well :( As per the latest update from HR on Sep 16, they have asked the MoM to expedite the process and asked me to wait for their update.

Now, I am in a final stage to receive offers from other employers which I don't want to loose again. Adding to this, my current EP is valid till  Oct 31st as my current employer isn't gonna apply for EP renewal. My situation is really critical and I am completely stranded.

Is there any one who's experiencing a similar delay in EP appeal?

Having said about my situation, could someone please suggest / guide what shall I do next ? Is it better to go ahead with the new offers or to wait for the EP appeal?

Are there any other ways with which I could push the HR to escalate this matter to MoM? Is it okay to ask my HR a screenshot of my appeal's pending status?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated !

Good luck those who are awaiting their results!!!

9 weeks for an appeal is not the standard, something is off. Have your plan B ready, i.e, you have to make a decision next week itself and in my opinion, you should take up a different offer, get this appeal withdrawn and get a new application submitted via another company/ employer.

Also, you should have done this after 4 weeks of waiting on the appeal (at the most).

Oh I see  :(  I was keeping my hope so high as the HR promised me that the company will get it done for sure!

I am totally screwed, aren't I :(

Thanks Shekhz for your suggestions! Means a lot! Hope I can get another offer soon, fingers-crossed!!!

Btw, I am just curious why MoM is loitering the process without even sharing a feedback despite so many escalations?

Same situation.
Duration between submission and rejection : 3 weeks
Appeal : More than 4 weeks alrdy
So I am started looking into new offers.
No reason given by HR..seems their company issue with MOM

Usually when cover letters are poorly written and officers have to do extensive due diligence on company background, financials etc- it just goes dark

Hi,

Did you guys got update on your appeals? My appeal also waiting for more than 5 weeks. After 3 weeks, I understand from HR MOM requested more time to review. But till today no response from MOM.

Same here alrdy in 5th week. 3rd week MOM replied they need more time they will update within nxt three weeks. Don't know what MOM wants. And I said HR to follow up again or just withdrawal it if no reply on this Friday.
I am so sick of waiting forever. :(

Very frustrating this waiting game and giving us anxiety. Especially if your current job is hell and you want to move out of it so eagerly. No choice but to pray and wait...

Dear,until today,have you updated your EP appeal?Actually,I suffered the same situation.

No, still no updates. 6 weeks completed and waiting...

Same here.. Appeal was submitted on 7 July and got rejected on 25 Aug. A second appeal was submitted on 24 Sept and now waiting for the outcome...

Now the situation turned upside down! (Heads-up I am the one who started this thread)
I managed to receive another offer from Employer B and asked Employer A to withdraw my EP as it pending for appeal approval for more than 2 months now.

To my shock, I received a callback from Employer A that MoM finally revealed the reason for pending appeal. MoM says my BG verification is still pending and that's the reason why the EP appeal is not approved yet. As per MoM's info, this is being done by a third-party agent it seems.

What is more shocking is that MoM asked employer A to inform me that even if the candidate (Me) tries another new application, it won't be approved any time sooner. :(

Frustrated me, directly called the MoM's hotline and enquired about my status (which I'm not supposed to do. I did it anyway). I was answered by a customer care agent and what the agent recommended me is that I have no option other than waiting for the BG verification. Even after informing that my current EP will be canceled by end of this month, the customer care agent just advised me that I can get an STVP for 1month and can stay. Other than that the agent didn't say anything about the appeal.

Now I am stranded in the middle of nowhere to go :(

On the other hand, the other employer B is urging me to fill and send the EP application form. I am worried that if I can fix the BGV issue, then I can still choose offer from Emp A itself. Even if I choose offer from B, my EP will be rejected again!

Eventually, emp A finally asked me to wait for another 10 working days as advised by MoM. I am totally confused whether I should reject this offer from B and put up with MoM for appeal's outcome for offer from Emp A.

Already, I'm going through the feeling of homesickness not having met my parents since Jan 2020. But my EP issue is just adding fuel to the fire :( It's so overwhelming

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks and best of luck for those who're awaiting their EP approval!

@dineshjk92...just to give you one update...STVP now a days issued for 2 months

This is really frustrating. Sorry to hear.

I am in the same situation, so I can relate.

New Job offer with 27% hike in base salary.
(lower variable salary, so total package is same as current job. But that doesn't matter to MoM apparently)
Applied: 11/Aug/2021
Rejected: 27/Aug/2021
Appeal: 30/Aug/2021
After 3 weeks, Employer received email from MoM asking them to wait 3 weeks more.
6 Weeks appeal anniversary today.

The reason for rejection was "Significant difference in the salary which doesn't tally with the candidate's credentials"
I am in Sales, with 10 years experience. Changing to a different vertical, within the IT industry.

My Plan B is to apply for PEP if this appeal gets rejected. Although seems PEP has 8 weeks waiting time. (it's important to confirm that your new employer can wait for you)

Keen to hear if anyone tried that path (EP->Rejected->Appeal->Rejected->PEP->Approved)

Mazza1919 wrote:

This is really frustrating. Sorry to hear.

I am in the same situation, so I can relate.

New Job offer with 27% hike in base salary.
(lower variable salary, so total package is same as current job. But that doesn't matter to MoM apparently)
Applied: 11/Aug/2021
Rejected: 27/Aug/2021
Appeal: 30/Aug/2021
After 3 weeks, Employer received email from MoM asking them to wait 3 weeks more.
6 Weeks appeal anniversary today.

The reason for rejection was "Significant difference in the salary which doesn't tally with the candidate's credentials"
I am in Sales, with 10 years experience. Changing to a different vertical, within the IT industry.

My Plan B is to apply for PEP if this appeal gets rejected. Although seems PEP has 8 weeks waiting time. (it's important to confirm that your new employer can wait for you)

Keen to hear if anyone tried that path (EP->Rejected->Appeal->Rejected->PEP->Approved)

PEP any requirements? need employer to apply?

SYYYY wrote:

PEP any requirements? need employer to apply?

Read related forum posts (or elsewhere on the Internet) before posting such questions: The answers are readily available!

I think, for PEP the min requirement is 12,000 SGD as monthly base salary. Unfortunately, I'm not eligible for this :(

crazycat1 wrote:

No, still no updates. 6 weeks completed and waiting...

My EP appeal is in 11th week and no updates from MOM. HR said they requested update from MOM but simply asked to wait... Not sure how long will it take to get a result...

Meanwhile I have another offer but unable to apply because of this appeal. I understand withdrawal also nowadays takes 3 weeks.

Anybody recently withdrawn application? How long did it take.

I'm in a dilemma to wait for this EP appeal or to withdraw.

This waiting game has been ongoing for 3 months takes a lot of toll on mental health. Not sure what's required just to get a result.

I hope the almighty answers my prayers!

crazycat1 wrote:

I hope the almighty answers my prayers!

The almighty might, but MoM surely won't!

Hi guys
Any update on appeals

Today is my 3rd week appeal "weeksary" based on work day.
No news yet from MOM. But crossing my fingers for the approval because I am outside of Singapore at the moment and chances are extremely slim.

Hi everyone, same here, 3 month waiting today. This forum has been a valuable source to assist me overcome anxiety and keep the positivity

Ong Bob wrote:

Today is my 3rd week appeal "weeksary" based on work day.
No news yet from MOM. But crossing my fingers for the approval because I am outside of Singapore at the moment and chances are extremely slim.

Update for my case.
Appeal has been approved yesterday after five weeks of processing.
On the third week, MOM requested additional info from company.
Two weeks after the additional information was submitted, status change from rejected to approved.

Even I'm waiting for the appeal result. Its third week and update yet.

Hi everyone, this forum has been very helpful during my stressful EP waiting period, and after 15 wks I finally got approval.

-I'm current EP holder, got opportunity in another smaller company in same industry

-EP appealed twice, rejection reason was incomplete company information as well as the need to verify my diploma.

For those still wait, don't lose hope and keep chasing ur HR or agency on weekly basis;
And patience is the virtue becos I feel MOM is overloaded recently; in my case that even after receiving MOM feedback stating ‘ we will try to provide your outcome soon', I still waited another 3 wks for the approval.

Great thanks for everyone who shared their experience and contributed great advise here, it has been the greatest source of comfort during my stressful 15 weeks waiting.

uuinsg wrote:

Hi everyone, this forum has been very helpful during my stressful EP waiting period, and after 15 wks I finally got approval.

-I'm current EP holder, got opportunity in another smaller company in same industry

-EP appealed twice, rejection reason was incomplete company information as well as the need to verify my diploma.

For those still wait, don't lose hope and keep chasing ur HR or agency on weekly basis;
And patience is the virtue becos I feel MOM is overloaded recently; in my case that even after receiving MOM feedback stating ‘ we will try to provide your outcome soon', I still waited another 3 wks for the approval.

Great thanks for everyone who shared their experience and contributed great advise here, it has been the greatest source of comfort during my stressful 15 weeks waiting.

Congrats! first up. Good to know that the forum was of help.

Hi

How to know my company appealed for EP rejection?

Hi

Any possible to track appealed EP application?

sbharath1000 wrote:

How to know my company appealed for EP rejection?

The best way is to ask them.

sbharath1000 wrote:

Any possible to track appealed EP application?

The employer will be informed of the outcome.

Ok tku. Not possible to track online right?

Mate, this forum has a lot of similar queries, do take time to read.

Appeal outcomes are directly communicated to the employer, per EPOnline, status of original application remains rejected, unless approved during an appeal.

Thank you so much for ur reply

Hi,
My company applied for EP on 13th Oct 2021.
Still status is in pending.

In how many days it can be rejected or approved. Whom to follow up in this case?
Pls reply.

sarrafpriyanka60 wrote:

Hi, In how many days it can be rejected or approved. Whom to follow up in this case?

Did you try to find the answer yourself?
It is one of the most-discussed topics on this forum and has been answered numerous times!

Me is almost the same situation. They are asking for more documentation after 3 weeks waiting for the appeal outcome. May I know if I have to leave SG, is there any impact to the appeal approval process? If they approve while I am oversea, how much time I have to come back to SG to proceed further? Thanks!

Daipn wrote:

Me is almost the same situation. They are asking for more documentation after 3 weeks waiting for the appeal outcome. May I know if I have to leave SG, is there any impact to the appeal approval process? If they approve while I am oversea, how much time I have to come back to SG to proceed further? Thanks!

In the recent past, pass holders outside of Singapore were not able to secure approvals, both new or even renewals of passes. Things have changed now, don't think it should be an issue if the required information is furnished to MoM. You can always come back via VTL.

Daipn wrote:

May I know if I have to leave SG, is there any impact to the appeal approval process? If they approve while I am oversea, how much time I have to come back to SG to proceed further? Thanks!

Where you are during the application processing time should have no influence on your approval chances.
The IPA is normally valid one or two months, but at least until your contractual start-of-work date. It can also be extended by the employer.

Great, thanks a lot :-)

Ep renewal here, pass expiry in April 10. Applied March 1. Rejected after 1 week with reason that need to reupload degree certificate and 1st appeal pending for a week now. Even renewals in same company seem to be hard nowadays. 😔