Singapore Employment Pass appeal due to medical conditions

I found a job through employment agency and on the 12th August 2021, the employment agency applied an EP. I'm working in the hospitality industry and am a degree holder with 4 years experience in Singapore but unfortunately due to Covid, I lost my job and have returned to Malaysia. On the 20th August, my EP got rejected due to adverse record. The employment agency checked with MOM to find out what was the adverse record about and it's because of a minor issue of medical issues which wouldn't affect my job scope. The employment agency have appealed against it and have been waiting until now. It's been 3 weeks plus to wait for the appeal. Is the wait unusually long that is worth waiting? Could the employment agency expedite it faster as the waiting time has been way too long?

I have never heard about an adverse record for medical issues. But you should clarify that issue first with the relevant authority (is it MoH?), before an appeal has a chance.
Whether a processing time is "way too long" or just right, is unfortunately decided by MoM, not you. Two months and more are not uncommon.

It was surprised for me to find out as well about having an adverse record with medical issues. The relevant employment agency find out about the adverse record with the work pass division and had revealed that the adverse record is about I'm not allowed to be a electrician due to medical conditions. The company has appealed on my job scope had nothing to do with electrician as I'll be only working in F&B which all the while I had never had this issue before. My medical condition was due to having a slight poorer vision which I'm having difficulty with color hence MOM stated that I'm not allowed to work as a pilot or electrician in Singapore. As I have not been having this problem previously when renewing my work pass, this is something new for me to experience now and I can only hope the appeal would work. I have been waiting for a month now since the appeal.

It's not to do with whether your vision is important or not for the given job, it points to the underlying issue that you may have concealed facts to gain employment in SG.

I have already had a job offered. MOM had also revealed with the hiring company what the adverse record is all about. If had concealed facts MOM would also reveal to the company before an appeal is made right? If I can no longer gain employment in Singapore then MOM would also straight reveal to the company about it and not stating not medically fit for the job right?

In my honest opinion, you should have your employer call MoM and ask these specific questions, adverse records often lead to rejections. In some cases people are also banned from gaining employment (depends on the nature of the adverse record). Nobody here can give you that sure shot intel.

The employer did check with MOM and MOM revealed the adverse record is banning me from working at specific job field which requires good vision such as pilot, electrician. Hence, I'll be only working in F&B so they appealed that it wouldn't affect the job scope. It's just weird that previously with me switching to another F&B company I had no problem with the work pass getting through the health medical checkup. The doctor itself mentioned my vision wouldn't affect my job in F&B so there's nothing to worry about. Just not sure why this time applying for an EP would get this problem. I was holding work permit all the while through my 4 years experience working in Singapore and all did not have issues with.

If you have the answers above, from MoM- wait and see what's the outcome. Again, nobody here can decide or advice on what's the decision would be.

Do you have any update on your appeal?I am also facing same issue.My application rejected due to  Adverse record.Then my employer and me both sent mail to MOM.They replied us that We can appeal against it. Employer appealed exactly 2 weeks before.

Will it worth to wait?

The appeal was successful and my appeal was approved. When finding out about adverse record what is it about and making sure that the adverse record isn't something that would be affecting your job then your appeal would succeed.

Congrats!

Can you share your Timeline of Approval.