When to submit the D card application

Dear all,

I asked three clerks of the Leuven city hall (of course on different days) and got three answers, late September, mid-October, and mid-November. Thus, when should I submit my application?

ps. I got annex 15 in September 2015 and I got my first A card in mid-November 2015 as a student, from September 2017 until now I have been working.

Thanks!

expat_from_aisa wrote:

Dear all,

I asked three clerks of the Leuven city hall (of course on different days) and got three answers, late September, mid-October, and mid-November. Thus, when should I submit my application?

ps. I got annex 15 in September 2015 and I got my first A card in mid-November 2015 as a student, from September 2017 until now I have been working.

Thanks!

Your stay is counted from the issuance date of your first A card so mid-November at the earliest.

This is not true - for Card D, it's since you received your annex 15. You can check online from which date  you are registered in the system. Iris box should help

Is there a way to check when the first A card was issued ?

Can you suggest a website in which we can check when the first A card was received

https://irisbox.irisnet.be/irisbox/

if your commune is on it - from here you can make an extract of your residence history and there you see the date from which you have been registered first. You will need either itsme or your pin code (+card reader) to access

Thanks but I live in Mechelen (flanders). Is there anything similar for flanders ?

Whats the site for flanders?

You can get your history from mon dossier website. I think it is federal website. so, applicable to all regions.

In my opinion, 5 years of tax pay is the criterion for submitting card D request.
Student duration*0.5 + duration as a tax-paying employee = 5 years.

If not, ask the commune by email. so, you will have black and white. Visiting in-person, leads to ambiguity as they themselves are not aware of all the rules. IF not, not all at commune know all the rules.