Visa extension

Hello

I am actually in Thailand Pattaya with a tourist visa and I need visa extension for one month.
Do you know if they check adress on the form because I live in friend house and no hotel

Thanks for your answers

Travelman69 wrote:

Hello

I am actually in Thailand Pattaya with a tourist visa and I need visa extension for one month.
Do you know if they check adress on the form because I live in friend house and no hotel

Thanks for your answers

Jomtien immigration might ask for a TM30 report. Have your last extensions been covid-19 extensions or STV extensions? Didn't they ask for a TM30?

About me , I don't live in Pattaya.before , I come from Phuket sandbox schedule and I just take a visa tourist from France , for 2 months.

I need now an extension for one month and I will go this week in Jomtien immigrant center.

I just want to know if they ask for a form about home renting or hotel

Travelman69 wrote:

About me , I don't live in Pattaya.before , I come from Phuket sandbox schedule and I just take a visa tourist from France , for 2 months.

I need now an extension for one month and I will go this week in Jomtien immigrant center.

I just want to know if they ask for a form about home renting or hotel

The form they maybe will ask for is the TM30, which is a form used for registering an address. When you're staying in a hotel,the hotel reports your stay (using the TM30) online. I'm staying in a condo and I self-reported at Jomtien immigration using copies of my lease and the standard copies from my passport. Immigration "might" ask for a report submitted from your friend if he's the owner.

Very clear

Thanks a lot for your answer because , in Jomtien immigration center , they say me if I have not today TM30 form filled by owner, I can give 5000 baths directly and it will be ok .

Travelman69 wrote:

Very clear

Thanks a lot for your answer because , in Jomtien immigration center , they say me if I have not today TM30 form filled by owner, I can give 5000 baths directly and it will be ok .

The official fine for not submitting a TM30 is 1,600 Baht. So you're giving them 3,400 Baht to skip the TM30 report. Why don't you find a still open proper hotel in Pattaya? You check in 2 days before the 1 month extension and you make sure they will report you as a guest. Then you use the hotel as your address and you will have a TM30 report submitted. You are a tourist and most of them are staying in hotels. Immigration can see in the system that you are reported. You stay 2 nights and then you check-out and go back to your friends home. Problem solved and much cheaper than 5,000 Baht which I would never pay.

Ok , i follow your advices and will book a short time in hotel

Thanks a lot

Travelman69 wrote:

Ok , i follow your advices and will book a short time in hotel

Thanks a lot

You must be sure that the hotel reports you as a guest from day 1. That's important. If not,find another hotel. Ask in the reception. They will normally take a copy of your passport and sometimes even the departure card. You can also ask for a business card from the hotel which you can show immigration if needed,and even have the key to your room in your pocket. As a tourist staying in a hotel you're not responsible for the TM30 report. The hotel must by law report you,but some does not because they are lazy.

@Leeds forever!
I'm glad you asked.

Another type of Thailand Visa allows a stay of up to 90 days. This visa is known as the Special Tourist Visa (STV)

Key points of the Thailand Special Tourist Visa:
  • It's a single entry permit that allows a long stay in Thailand and can only be used for tourism purposes.
  • It is valid for 90 days (starting the date you enter Thailand) and can be extended twice.
  • You may not work in Thailand with the STV. If you plan to work in Thailand, you must apply for a work permit or work visa.
  • You may not change the STV to any other type of visa.
  • Additionally, you need to provide the following documents:
  • A confirmed reservation of Alternative State Quarantine (AQ)
  • A medical certificate that proves you're healthy and have no diseases.
  • Medical insurance/health insurance that provides a minimum coverage of $50,000.
  • Proof of long-stay accommodation such as a fully paid hotel reservation.
  • A clean criminal record.
These documents are additional documents you must provide alongside the standard Thailand Tourist Visa documents.
@Leeds forever!
I'm glad you asked.

Another type of Thailand Visa allows a stay of up to 90 days. This visa is known as the Special Tourist Visa (STV)

• It's a single entry permit that allows a long stay in Thailand and can only be used for tourism purposes.
  • It is valid for 90 days (starting the date you enter Thailand) and can be extended twice.
  • You may not work in Thailand with the STV. If you plan to work in Thailand, you must apply for a work permit or work visa.
  • Medical insurance/health insurance that provides a minimum coverage of $50,000.
These documents are additional documents you must provide alongside the standard Thailand Tourist Visa documents.
- @richardnathan654
@Leeds forever!
I'm glad you asked.

- @richardnathan654

I live in Thailand,maybe you don't understand that. Nobody applies for the STV nowadays and it will be scrapped soon. It was introduced during the pandemic to at least get some tourists,but they were very few. Do you think your info is important? 
- @Leeds forever!