Withdraw Epass rejection appeal

Hi I am working here in Singapore and recently received an offer for epass from company 1 (which got rejected due to unknown reason we are expecting it's due to high salary jump ). So they apply appeal for my ep rejection which is still showing pending .Since the chances of appeal getting approved was very thin on the 3rd week of waiting I received a call from company 2 and got the offer . So I asked company 1 to withdraw my appeal for which they informed they can not withdraw an appeal if done it will again take 2 to 3 weeks to process withdrawal so have to wait till the results are out . Now since 3 weeks are already over and appeal is still pending company 2 might take the offer back if outcome gets delayed further to next week.
As an employee I can not check my appeal status also and company 1 also not doing anything to withdraw the appeal. I have left with no choice and don't any option to check the process of appeal withdrawal .I have following queries : 1. ) How can I be sure that company 1 is being fair to inform or support me in withdrawal process, as I came to know from other sources that appeal withdrawal takes no time and reflect within 24 hours . 2.) Can company 2 apply my new Epass while appeal is still showing pending and old Epass status shows rejected .

Thanks
Nidhi

nidhiarjaria wrote:

Hi I am working here in Singapore and recently received an offer for epass from company 1 (which got rejected due to unknown reason we are expecting it's due to high salary jump ). So they apply appeal for my ep rejection which is still showing pending .Since the chances of appeal getting approved was very thin on the 3rd week of waiting I received a call from company 2 and got the offer . So I asked company 1 to withdraw my appeal for which they informed they can not withdraw an appeal if done it will again take 2 to 3 weeks to process withdrawal so have to wait till the results are out . Now since 3 weeks are already over and appeal is still pending company 2 might take the offer back if outcome gets delayed further to next week.
As an employee I can not check my appeal status also and company 1 also not doing anything to withdraw the appeal. I have left with no choice and don't any option to check the process of appeal withdrawal .I have following queries : 1. ) How can I be sure that company 1 is being fair to inform or support me in withdrawal process, as I came to know from other sources that appeal withdrawal takes no time and reflect within 24 hours . 2.) Can company 2 apply my new Epass while appeal is still showing pending and old Epass status shows rejected .

Thanks
Nidhi

Nidhi the queries have been answered in multiple threads, you should invest some time in reading the wealth of knowledge and understanding how things work in SG/ with MoM work pass division.

At any time, two simultaneous applications is not permitted.

Appeal withdrawal is instant, doesn't take 2-3 weeks, so request employer 1 to withdraw and employer 2 to submit. However, let me caution you, there is no surety that employer 2 would get an approval- take an informed decision. Appeal in 3rd week means it's very close to an outcome.

Thanks for the quick response , actually it's been informed to me by company 1(who is the contractor in between) might have to cancel my epass even if the appeal is approved, since the client I got shortlisted for took some other candidates for the requirement because  my chances was already very thin.
So my case is becoimg more like  loosing the other offer by waiting for the outcome which I am  already not going to get .
Is there anything I can do if company 1 refuses to withdraw an appeal?

Same thing happened to me. My employer and MOM both told me that it will take 2-3 weeks to withdraw an appeal. So I am waiting to clear this appeal. For tomorrow, it is already a month. Still pending.  My new company told me that they can wait until tomorrow otherwise They will withdraw my new offer. So I started to look for new jobs.

Seems to me like a new development to discourage indecisive job-hoppers.
In any case, once you terminate your employment contract with company 1, they must quickly withdraw their application/appeal. How long MoM then needs to process this is out of anyone's control.
If they refuse to withdraw, get this in writing and send it (together with your termination) to MoM - they can in such cases withdraw it from their end.

After 30 days, today I got my ep appeal outcome. Still it is rejected same as the application.  Now I am planning to apply ep through my new job offer

Thanks for all the updates u  provided. Hope u get this one done successfully ..All the best

The same thing happened to me. My employer and MOM both told me it will take 2-3 weeks to withdraw an appeal. So I am waiting to clear this appeal.  BY THE WAY, HAVE YOU GOT A NEW APPLICATION OUTCOME?

same thing happened to me, I read from other sources that its possible to withdraw appeal immediately but I think its not true anymore. Been 38 days since the appeal and waiting for MoM to reject the old appeal so that the HR can submit a new one, but no update...