Vaccination documentation procedures

I've had both my covid jobs and I've had the QR-codes so my smart phone has that information, this is all OK.

However I do not have a yellow vaccine card.  I know Germans have some sort of yellow vaccination card for all their vaccinations, it's the German system, but I don't have one of these yellow cards.

When I had my covid vaccinations they gave me a form that proves that I have have the jabs.

Can I go to a pharmacy to get one of these yellow cards?

Or do I need to go to the doctor to get the yellow card?

What is the process?

Basically everybody in Germany HAS the yellow vaccination booklet ("Impfpass") and brings it along for the vaccinations they receive. If you don't have one (or forgot to bring it along), the vaccinating doctor usually issues a new one. I am surprised they didn't do that for you!
In any case, the information can only be transferred into a yellow booklet by the vaccinating doctor himself. Therefore you might have to live with the additional papers (which can be stapled into the yellow booklet - after you get one from any doctor!).
In fact, the papers are more important than the digital version: What if your phone breaks or gets lost, or the digital standard changes? You can always get a new digital record by showing the paper (currently at any pharmacy, free of charge), but you will never get a new paper by showing the digital token!

The yellow immunization card is a standard set up by the World Health Organization; it's used in Germany, like most countries, but is not German per se. It is an international standard created in 1969.

Where did you get your immunizations? In Germany one needed to have such a card for Covid immunization where they entered the info and then after full immunization also issued  single page documents for each jab called the EU Covid vaccination certificate that include a QR code.

One gets such a card here from their doctor, or at an immunization center. But it needs to be filled in by the authority giving the actual immunization(s). Theoretically, one should be able to either order such a pass from any doctor/hospital in the world - or send a card to them to be filled out.  Not sure who in Germany, if anyone, would  be authorized to fill out such a card and enter the Covid information done elsewhere. Theoretically, one should be able to either order such a pass from any doctor/hospital in the world - or send a card to them to be filled out.  Even if they don't issue such a card where you got immunized as a standard procedure it might be that they just need to have someone request it. Hard to believe one could not get the WHO standard card in an advanced country.

On a personal note I was just in the USA and needed to prove my vaccination to be able to return to Germany without another new Covid test through an online form. I accidentally took along the EU covid certificate that showed my first jab but not the second one - and it was rejected by the German authorities - although with the QR code they should have seen that I was fully immunized. Luckily I had my yellow WHO pass as well and could show it in the airport at check-in.

TominStuttgart wrote:

Not sure who in Germany, if anyone, would  be authorized to fill out such a card and enter the Covid information done elsewhere.

The answer to this question is: Only the doctor who actually gave the vaccination.
I encountered this issue when I tried to combine my vaccinations (non-COVID), which were spread over two yellow booklets for some reason, into one. Not possible, unless I individually contact every single doctor who gave a vaccination that I want to transfer!

What is the situation for a British German Residence Permit holder who went back to the UK (temporarily) to get vaccinations and now has a UK Vaccination passport.

It's printed out on paper (though it's definitely not coloured yellow). Apparently this is good for any situation I might need it for in the UK, but does anybody know if it will be accepted when I go back to Germany?

I had both my Jabs in the UK before relocating to Germany so the answer in yes it will be accepted. I have been back to UK couple of times last month and there has not been an issue.

agabriandt wrote:

I had both my Jabs in the UK before relocating to Germany so the answer in yes it will be accepted. I have been back to UK couple of times last month and there has not been an issue.

Hooray for a nice simple answer!  :-)    Thanks