Collecting dog as cargo from Jeddah, KSA - Lufthansa

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been covered, but my search of the site has no results so here goes…
We recently moved a university north of Jeddah, and with some help from import agents on both sides, and our sponsors here we are in the final stages of shipping our dog to Jeddah, via Frankfurt on Lufthansa. All the paperwork is done, vet work, cargo acceptance, OK to forward, import permits etc… I just have one question that I wonder if anyone on here has experience this.

I am due to go the the airport tonight to collect my 'cargo' tonight. I understand that I need to go to the cargo clearance, customs and quarantine when I get to the airport.

Has anyone reading this ever collected a dog from Jeddah airport. If so where did you report to first when you got onto the airport grounds. Is it just as simple as following the signs for "cargo"? Is there separate cargo for Saudi air (South terminal) and Lufthansa/all the others (north terminal). Should I head to the North terminal first then figure it out from there???

I know these are vague questions, I guess I am looking for someone who has been through this before who can say something like… "Yes my dog flew in via Lufthansa to Jeddah, when I went to the airport I followed the signs to XXXXXX, and went to the XXXXX building first"

Thanks and sorry for the rambling message! :)

Sure - Happy to.
We ended up documenting our experiences in our Blog.
Check out Our blog

Let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to help.
Kev.