Finding a job in Qatar during the pandemic

Hi everyone,

Looking for a job in Qatar is not something you can take lightly, especially now. If you found a new job in Qatar during the pandemic or if you are currently searching for one, we would like to know how it went.

How did you go about it? Which job board do you recommend? Did you use a headhunter?
In which sector did you find a job?

Did you train in order to find a new position? If so, which training course(s) did you follow and why?

What about your package? How does it compare with your previous jobs and are you satisfied with it?

What are the most important elements to prioritise or negotiate in a package for a job in Qatar in 2021?

Thanks for your contribution!

Diksha,
Expat.com team

Terrible and disheartening experience in the quest for a job here.

1- Did a project as a freelancer that too for a well-known organization and guess what, almost a year and till now they are not bothered to pay us our compensation, not even an SMS or email stating why the delay.

2- In the midst of such a critical global crisis, I finally found a good job opportunity from another well-known organization, and guess what I personally witnessed corrupt unethical practices that I was forced to give up the job offer, the manager asked me to pay him 3000 riyals every month for the entire tenure of the project and worst of all told me I need to recruit the rest of the team and do the talking of these conditions to the candidates on his behalf. Though I reported the matter to the management and who had assured me they got my back covered concerning my need for a job, to date they have not kept up to their word.

3- After these two disasters, finally got a job offer in June and just because I requested them to reconsider my designation as it was a junior post and not the position I was actually interviewed for, it seems to have either hurt their ego, they made me wait for 2 months and after several follow-ups, they tell me due to structural changes my candidature won't be considered, in the midst of this I had a temporary job offer in UAE which I did not take up as these people made me an offer already and I was committed to them.

Qatar is a beautiful country under great leadership but sadly some people are tarnishing the image of this Nation, it breaks my heart to see people play around with careers that too in such a terrible time, where is humanity ???

So this is my experience, but no matter how disheartening and frustrating it has been I am yet up every day and continuing to apply for jobs here in Qatar with positive hope someday some person will value the honesty, loyalty, and integrity that I have towards this nation and myself.

Well through my experience, it is easy to find a job especially if you are already in Doha. However, get ready to hear imaginary salaries...

I feel like companies are taking advantage of the situation to pay people less . I dont blame them, that's how their business will flourish, but it's nonesense to get paid 3000 4000 5000 without offering a decent accomodation and transportation.

I ve been literally suffering since December with jobs that undervalued me just because I am left with no option wether I take it or leave it !!
because they know well that I need to take it otherwise i will be repatirated if I wasn't successful in transferring the Sponsorship.

Well, I have been suffering alot, but I woke up one day and decided to put an end for all this. I have resigned 2 weeks ago, and am jobless since then. I promised myself that I will not accept any job that undervalues my skills.

Because, afterall, we are all here for a reason, and if this reason isn't available anymore, than we have to think about it all again.