Finding a job in the Netherlands during the pandemic

Hi everyone,

Looking for a job in the Netherlands is not something you can take lightly, especially now. If you found a new job in the Netherlands during the pandemic or if you are currently searching for one, we would like to know how it went.

How did you go about it? Which job board do you recommend? Did you use a headhunter?
In which sector did you find a job?

Did you train in order to find a new position? If so, which training course(s) did you follow and why?

What about your package? How does it compare with your previous jobs and are you satisfied with it?

What are the most important elements to prioritise or negotiate in a package for a job in the Netherlands in 2021?

Thanks for your contribution!

Diksha,
Expat.com team

Hi Diksha,

Good question, but the answer could be different based on the sector. I had experience in data science and loosed my job after Covid. After Covid a lot of companies didn't extend the contract of their data scientists, because it is not a critical need for their business. After a couple of months, I realized that some companies prefer short-term contracts with freelances or senior candidates, or low salaries for other candidates. So I registered myself as freelance and at the same time, I changed my profile to match data engineer role that has some similarities with data science role. Finally, I found a data engineer role, however, the salary is much lower my last salary. I hope this helps.

Best,
Yaser