Finding a job in Kuwait during the pandemic

Hi everyone,

Looking for a job in Kuwait is not something you can take lightly, especially now. If you found a new job in Kuwait during the pandemic or if you are currently searching for one, we would like to know how it went.

How did you go about it? Which job board do you recommend? Did you use a headhunter?
In which sector did you find a job?

Did you train in order to find a new position? If so, which training course(s) did you follow and why?

What about your package? How does it compare with your previous jobs and are you satisfied with it?

What are the most important elements to prioritise or negotiate in a package for a job in Kuwait in 2021?

Thanks for your contribution!

Diksha,
Expat.com team

salaries have dropped, that is a fact I can tell you from the get-go. negotiate and adjust accordingly.

I think finding a job in Kuwait during the Pandemic is easy, however it depends on the circumstances. Most of the candidate who's previous employer is affected by the lockdown had difficulties in negotiating and bargaining for their salaries. Since their visa had been caught up by expiry, employers would offer them the lowest salaries for the candidate to be able to transfer their visa as soonest. Despite of qualification and experience, candidates would grab the opportunity to get a job as soon as possible.

In my experience, I'm receiving email alerts and invitation. As much as I would like to take the invites, I can't do it because I'm a direct hire from my country with 2 years contract. To be honest, my company sucks. As much as I would like to get another job and transfer, they won't give me a release. So I rather go back to my country and find another employer.