Residency Card Information

Hello fellow Expats.

I am not new to this platform and as I am writing this, my fingers are crossed in HOPE that I will receive some honest and straightforward answers.. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE and PLEASE ADVISE..

1. My wife and I are renewing our tourist residency card as it expires soon.. Should we renew it in advance or on the date that it expires?..

*Is there a penalty we go to the residency office after the date?

SHORT EXPLAINATION AS TO WHY WE ARE HERE NOW:
Unfortunately, we got behind the eightball in terms of leaving here and are now in a queue for the required vaccination... We finally received our ticket once Egypt received more vaccinations (funnier than thou actually considering the rest of the world is begging people to take it)..

During that time we had our first child a month early...

We have her birth certificate or whatever was issued... It looks like it anyway as it is in Arabic.. The point is "Do any of you know if we have to register the child in Egypt as well on a temporary residency or tourist visa.. ?"

This is purely for travel at a later date as all embassy of our country are not responding at the moment for appointment due to the CONTINOUS GIVE GIVE GIVE SITUATION  of allowing refugees into our countries before us... Yes is said it.... NOT HAPPY WITH IT AT ALL!

In closing if one of you (that has had the experience) give me bullet point steps of what to expect it would be brilliant and duly noted..

Again thank you in advance.

Best,

Answering your questions: 

You don't need to renew it before the expiry date. You actually have 2 weeks permission from the expiry date to renew it. But, better not to wait for these 2 weeks, you renew it when it expires. 

Penalty of 1053 EGP for 3 months expiry. In addition to 500 EGP penalty for each subsequent 3 months. 2053 EGP  penalty after 9 months expiry.

About your child, this i have no clue about. But you can ask a lawyer or ask in the police academy where you apply for residency renewal. 

Law firm in Cairo Maadi, specialized in foreigners residency in Egypt.  mobile number 01009656828  Lawyer's name Ezzat Gamal. email: [email protected]

This is the link to their website https://www.egyptlawfirm.net/   and a link of the law firm's address on google maps.

address on google maps

Hi

THANK YOU, for the detailed response... We have since had things sorted on our own however in the future I will refer to your references.

I do hope you have a pleasant week.

Best,