Long term residency and health insurance requirements

I am wondering if making the purchase of a condo which gives ones residency, are there different health insurance options/prices?

Living on social security I need something that doesn't escalate after age 75 and 80 - at those ages I wouldn't be able to eat with the increase. So far Pacific Prime and Pacific Cross are the only ones with affordable coverage at age 60, 65; but really goes up fast after that. 

Does anyone have some insight on coverages that don't escalate rapidly after age 70/5/80?

dragonfly58 wrote:

I am wondering if making the purchase of a condo which gives ones residency, are there different health insurance options/prices?

Living on social security I need something that doesn't escalate after age 75 and 80 - at those ages I wouldn't be able to eat with the increase. So far Pacific Prime and Pacific Cross are the only ones with affordable coverage at age 60, 65; but really goes up fast after that. 

Does anyone have some insight on coverages that don't escalate rapidly after age 70/5/80?

There's no insurance company with affordable prices when you reach 70 and above. It actually starts from 66 years of age when they call you overaged. Next category is ~70-71 when the prices increases even more. From ~75 and up you're screwed big time unless you go for steep deductions, meaning you have to pay for a big part of the hospital bill yourself. One question. Why spend money on buying a condo at your age? You'll not save any money compared to renting a place. Now during the pandemic the prices are low. Talking about having a residency, rent or buy is the same thing immigration wise. There's no difference what so ever.

What price condo you thinking? I thought the visa for condo purchase was high condo price, 10 million Baht from memory?

Twodogs100 wrote:

What price condo you thinking? I thought the visa for condo purchase was high condo price, 10 million Baht from memory?

You're correct,just buying a condo won't do it. I don't understand why people think  buying a simple condo would give them permanent residency. For me 1,900 Baht/year for annual extensions is ok.