Canadian Couple looking to chat with Canadian couple expat in Chile

Hi there!

We are a married couple in their 40's and 50's with lots of questions about moving to Chile.

Anyone with the experience interested in helping out?

Thank you!

Hi Lucie9816,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

This forum is an open space where you can ask freely your questions.
Please feel free to tell us more so that we can better guide you.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

We have many questions about Chile:

-we would like to know what is the situation in Chile right now with Covid, (is it strict, do you need a vaccination passport,...,
-can expats own a property/buy a house or land or do we have to wait to become citizen,
-we are documentary film makers (not the Hollywood kind), would there be any possibility of work for us, being our own employers,
-are there any areas where we could own a nice house with (hoping for) view on ocean with some kind of tranquillity or are all communities/houses very close to each other,
-is it safe for expats or do we become targets?

We will have many more questions! Thank you all!

I was born and grew up in Toronto, and have lived and worked in Chile for over 15 years.

By the way,  I have a solar farm for sale in Chile s Fifth Region.   It is a paradise!!

Warning!  My views on Chile are very negative. So you dont mind a frank conversation I would be happy to help.

My personal email is  ***

If you feel comfortabe perhaps a Zoom or Meet might be best, as there is alot of detail.

Best Regards, Stephen

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Stephen,
We would love to chat we you indeed. Your email address was blocked by this website, but we own a company called Ascent Films inc. based in Kelowna BC, so by Googling us, you'll easily find our contact info. When are you generally available to talk? Let us know through email!
Cheers!
Lucie and Jiri