Have you received a vaccination for covid yet? How?

Hi All:
Have any foreigners on this list received a vaccination for corona virus? What was the process?
I am in My Tho and it is just an unbelievable hassle to get the form to go receive the vaccine. I have my temporary residence registered, I have a visa, work permit, Vietnamese health insurance, etc. The authority at the vaccination center, my employer, my friends keep telling me--you have to ask your landlady for the form. She has to do it for me. Well, she doesn't know how or is unwilling or whatever, but she can't.
So two questions:
How did you get a vaccine?
Is the landlady really my surrogate mother for healthcare/immigration issues in the eyes of the local authorities?

Register online : https://tiemchungcovid19.gov.vn/portal/register-person

Instructions on how to register for Covid-19 vaccination online

People Currently, there are two forms of online vaccination registration: direct registration on the website and on the electronic Health Book app. However, not every pre-registration is first-time injection.
Currently, people need to register for Covid-19 vaccination online, there are 2 forms:
The first is to access the Covid-19 vaccination portal https://tiemchungcovid19.gov.vn/portal/register-person to register directly on the website.
The second is to register via the Electronic Health Book application (access the link https://hssk.kcb.vn/#/sskdt to download the application) for phones using Android and iOS operating systems. When downloading, there will be a registration section, log in with a phone number. After verifying information on the software, people will see information on instructions for registering for vaccination.
Instructions on how to register for Covid-19 vaccination online - 1Click to enlarge the photo
People can register for the Covid-19 vaccine directly through the Covid-19 Immunization Portal page.
Mr. Nguyen Truong Nam, Deputy Director of the Information Technology Department, Ministry of Health said that in order to register, people must provide personal information and declare it on the registration board. The information will be transferred to vaccination points where people register.
At that time, the injection points will screen, evaluate the accuracy of information, make a list. When a vaccine is available, people will be notified, scheduled for screening and informed about the specific injection schedule. This system will divide according to specified priority groups.
"However, it is not always necessary to pre-register to be vaccinated first. Online registration is just a way to help people not have to go to the vaccination facility, the declared information is received the fastest, avoiding loss, duplicate. information repetition," emphasized Mr. Nam.
Also according to experts, when to vaccinate depends on the number of vaccines, the distribution of vaccines, because vaccines come in batches. Currently, vaccines are being prioritized for Ho Chi Minh City and epidemic hotspots.
Regarding concerns about system overload due to many people accessing at the same time, Mr. Nam said that now the service provider has a plan to add more processing capacity of the server as well as bandwidth to reduce transmission. minimize network congestion. The system has just been put into operation, so it has not been able to fully measure the number of people's access.
"All people in need of injection will be vaccinated. Therefore, people should not be too hasty or impatient when they can't register right away," said Mr. Nam.
He also noted that those who have been vaccinated before, need to download the Electronic Health Book. Specifically, when registering personal information, the system will have QR Codes, this code is black and white, but when someone has injected a vaccine, this code will turn yellow and have 2 injections. the nose will turn blue.
"When the personal information matches the vaccination point information entered into the system, the QR Code will also show the same color as their vaccination status. The data entry is in progress, so it is possible that a It will take time for people who have been vaccinated before to have information on the system," Nam emphasized.
The QR Code on this personal electronic certificate will replace the previous certificates that this person has been vaccinated against Covid-19.

Ford Prefect wrote:

Hi All:
Have any foreigners on this list received a vaccination for corona virus? What was the process?
I am in My Tho and it is just an unbelievable hassle to get the form to go receive the vaccine. I have my temporary residence registered, I have a visa, work permit, Vietnamese health insurance, etc. The authority at the vaccination center, my employer, my friends keep telling me--you have to ask your landlady for the form. She has to do it for me. Well, she doesn't know how or is unwilling or whatever, but she can't.
So two questions:
How did you get a vaccine?
Is the landlady really my surrogate mother for healthcare/immigration issues in the eyes of the local authorities?

Nope..not yet, I'm in HCM and it does seem it's gathering speed .. bit has some issues where those like myself don't get notified while others of s similar age in the same building have had it.. I'm just special 😜

Got to remember no special treatment for foreigners unless you are high risk.. that and a shortage of vaccines

There is an online form that you need to complete.

https://tiemchungcovid19.gov.vn/portal

colinoscapee wrote:

Done that along with the residence management teams required registration...

Thanks! I just registered.

Jlgarbutt wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

All you have to do now is wait.

colinoscapee wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

All you have to do now is wait.

Bit shocked that people keep telling me to basically lie on the form saying I have a medical condition to jump the queue.. 😮

From Tuoi Tre.vn yesterday "Ho Chi Minh City may expand vaccination to people aged 12-18 in the first half of September"
"Youth
Yesterday at 12:36
Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee requires that from September 1 to September 15, the authorities organize vaccination outside the priority group so that 70% of people over 18 years old can get the first dose. At the same time, it can be expanded. Vaccinate people 12 - 18 years old if there is a suitable vaccine source."

Australian here. Live in district 11 in HCMC.

There are 2 ways you can register.

1. use the APP called 'Sổ sức khỏe điện tử', there is also an online form but foreigner passport is not accepted, but using the APP seems to be OK.

2. Ask the landlord to regist your detail with the area group leader, show the landlord this line.
  "đăng ký danh sách với tổ trưởng" , when the appointment is due, the group leader will inform the landlord to in form you.

I register both way, and got the 2 appointments on the same day, but at different time, I chose the earlier appointment and got my shot with no problem.

Good Luck.

PS.. oops.. just saw that you already registered.

wolfyau wrote:

1. use the APP called 'Sổ sức khỏe điện tử', there is also an online form but foreigner passport is not accepted, but using the APP seems to be OK.

2. Ask the landlord to regist your detail with the area group leader, show the landlord this line.
  "đăng ký danh sách với tổ trưởng" , when the appointment is due, the group leader will inform the landlord to in form you.

I register both way, and got the 2 appointments on the same day, but at different time, I chose the earlier appointment and got my shot with no problem.

Good Luck.

Well I registered on line & it accepted my UK PP number.

I also registered at Ward level & again at apartment support group so 3 times registered. Supposed to get a text message when to go & never got one. Got a message from my neighbour that I was on the list with him & meet him in the reception like right now & we walked to the vaccination school together & got the vaccine. Still never got any sms to go & still noted as not having the vaccine on the CỔNG THÔNG TIN TIÊM CHỦNG COVID-19.

Does anyone know if I can update the CỔNG THÔNG TIN TIÊM CHỦNG COVID-19 myself or even take my name off it?

goodolboy wrote:

Does anyone know if I can update the CỔNG THÔNG TIN TIÊM CHỦNG COVID-19 myself or even take my name off it?

No need.

For some people, the online registration was automatically erased when they're vaccinated at the ward.  My quasi nephew in law was one of those people.  He registered online under a priority category (he's a German physician in Saigon) but got stuck in Ba Ria when he and my niece came to their property for the weekend.  He ended up getting the shot in their small village in Ba Ria.  The local record was part of the national record so his name was stricken from the online (national) automatically.  My nephew and his family in Phu Nhuan were the same way. 

However, a poster on this forum (I don't remember who) said he was called for vaccination even though he already received one.

I would just ignore the update.

There is another way to get vaccinated. Experience in District 8 Saigon:
👉 JUST GO THERE!  :o

Attempt 1. Four weeks ago, wife registered whole family online:
Result:  Nada. Crickets. Nobody ever contacted us.   :(

Attempt 2. Then a week later, our esteemed Mayor of the Hem (a party operative overseeing 110 families) brought around a signup list to each house.  Just wait, they said.
Result:  Nada. Nopes. Still waiting.  :mad:  Useless!

Finally: Ten days ago, wife heard from a friend that there were vaccinations going on at a neighborhood school. This was not announced anywhere, even on the ward's Facebook group. We broke out of the hem fence (literally) and walked 1/2 kilometer. Felt conspicuous & guilty walking bc quarantine.

They signed me up on the spot, no lists or reservations, just TRC, done in an hour. No charge.
It was the second to last day of Moderna (the batch was expiring, IFO the super-cold stuff is thawed and can be stored in regular refrigeration for 30 days).  :top:

Next her brother went, another success. They were doing old people, so the niece and nephew had to wait a couple days. No problem, they also walked up, got Astrozenica'd.

Note - this required a Vietnamese speaker to handle the process, 4 pages of paperwork and cranky workers, but then this is District 8, I am only one of two foreigners in a ward of 10,000.

One shot is only 30% effective after 2 weeks. Now just hope we can figure out when shot #2 arrives.  :/

https://iili.io/R5pb8F.png

I was lucky enough to receive my first AstraZeneca shot on Monday of this week, I am down in Tra Vinh Province...it was well organized, I am working on a project in Duyen Hai Town. I was registered with the local health authority here and myself along with the Vietnamese project team got a formal letter from the authorities on the Friday to attend the local clinic on the Monday for the Jab...

Bootneck wrote:

I am down in Tra Vinh Province...it was well organized,

Do you have any information on neighboring Ben Tre Province?   My wife tells me that her family has heard nothing about anything being scheduled.  I did find that as of a week ago there had been only 4 cases there, a small number even on a per capita basis, but we remain concerned nevertheless.

I'm due for second dose of Moderna in 2 weeks and am also wondering how it will be organized or even possible in face of current single dose effort. I read Moderna is 80% effective after single dose, but who knows how it degrades without a second dose. Hopefully VP Harris will bring with her a nice vaccine aid package when she comes next week. Vaccines speak louder than words.

THIGV wrote:
Bootneck wrote:

Do you have any information on neighboring Ben Tre Province?   My wife tells me that her family has heard nothing about anything being scheduled.  I did find that as of a week ago there had been only 4 cases there, a small number even on a per capita basis, there but we remain concerned nevertheless.

THIGV the actual count is a little over 1300 cases total as of today ion Ben Tre:

https://e.vnexpress.net/covid-19/covid-19-viet-nam

The folks are trying to get a handle on the program up in Saigon before they really start to do anything down here in the Delta. I haven't heard much about testing or vax shots, just a little white truck that once a day drives around the village telling people to stay inside through a loudspeaker. A few gov folks have got the vax shots I guess.
Rick

Budman1 wrote:
THIGV wrote:
Bootneck wrote:

Do you have any information on neighboring Ben Tre Province?   My wife tells me that her family has heard nothing about anything being scheduled.  I did find that as of a week ago there had been only 4 cases there, a small number even on a per capita basis, there but we remain concerned nevertheless.

THIGV the actual count is a little over 1300 cases total as of today ion Ben Tre:

https://e.vnexpress.net/covid-19/covid-19-viet-nam

The folks are trying to get a handle on the program up in Saigon before they really start to do anything down here in the Delta. I haven't heard much about testing or vax shots, just a little white truck that once a day drives around the village telling people to stay inside through a loudspeaker. A few gov folks have got the vax shots I guess.
Rick

Ms My's father has had both shots they live in Tien Giang he is "small police" she said & that's why he got it.

Budman1 wrote:

Thanks for the correct info.  I re-checked my source more carefully and the four cases was over a 12day period.   :dumbom: (self inflicted injury)  It looks like the shots are on the way but moving slowly.

THIGV wrote:
Bootneck wrote:

Do you have any information on neighboring Ben Tre Province?   My wife tells me that her family has heard nothing about anything being scheduled.  I did find that as of a week ago there had been only 4 cases there, a small number even on a per capita basis, but we remain concerned nevertheless.

Greetings THIGV,  I haven't heard about Ben Tre Province as yet, but I will ask our contact at the health center there because we also have a project team in Binh Dai, if I can get some info I'll get back to you..

In My Tho they were giving vaccinations last week at locations in wards with high numbers of F0 cases. Still not enough to go around for everyone in those areas even. You had to bring the form with you, maybe it was an official letter. That's why I want to know where to get my invite/letter/form next time there's a vaccination drive. Next time, I'm going to try to ask my ward head, she's been giving me shopping permits. Between that and the national computer registration, I might stand a chance of getting a shot.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. It's been helpful to get an idea of how people are getting access to vaccines. So much of the news and announcements here is only on Facebook or among friends talking.
My Tho is just beginning a 10-day lockdown period. Nobody allowed to leave the house under any circumstance. Ugh! And I feel sorry for those who don't have a fridge or enough money to stock up on groceries.

goodolboy wrote:
wolfyau wrote:

Good Luck.

Well I registered on line & it accepted my UK PP number.

I also registered at Ward level & again at apartment support group so 3 times registered. Supposed to get a text message when to go & never got one. Got a message from my neighbour that I was on the list with him & meet him in the reception like right now & we walked to the vaccination school together & got the vaccine. Still never got any sms to go & still noted as not having the vaccine on the CỔNG THÔNG TIN TIÊM CHỦNG COVID-19.

Actually, if you use the APP I mentioned earlier, with all your personal information filled in together with your phone number, it will show you have got your first shot together with the batch number etc on the APP automatically, regadless of where the appointment was from.

Bootneck wrote:

I was lucky enough to receive my first AstraZeneca shot on Monday of this week, I am down in Tra Vinh Province...it was well organized, I am working on a project in Duyen Hai Town. I was registered with the local health authority here and myself along with the Vietnamese project team got a formal letter from the authorities on the Friday to attend the local clinic on the Monday for the Jab...

My friends live in Duyên Hải district, in a rural area nearer to Long Hữu.  Do you have any idea how widespread the vaccinations are in your district?  Is it just Duyên Hải town?

THIGV wrote:
Bootneck wrote:

Greetings THIGV,

I have some update regarding Ben Tre Province, I spoke to my guy there he said that the local authorities stated the vaccination program in Ben Tre 3 weeks ago and are working through the districts, my guys in Binh Dai have been vaccinated so have the local commune, your wife's family will receive information through the local health authority when and where they will have to attend for the vaccination.. that's all I have mate, so hope it helps

Scott McKnight wrote:

... I read Moderna is 80% effective after single dose, but who knows how it degrades without a second dose. ...

Correct  :top:  my error, many studies conclude around 80% effectivity 2 weeks after first dose of Moderna.

:offtopic: Circumstantial evidence is evidence. Most convictions are based on circumstantial evidence.

"Circumstantial evidence is evidence that relies on an inference to connect it to a conclusion of fact—such as a fingerprint at the scene of a crime. By contrast, direct evidence supports the truth of an assertion directly—i.e., without need for any additional evidence or inference.

On its own, circumstantial evidence allows for more than one explanation. Different pieces of circumstantial evidence may be required, so that each corroborates the conclusions drawn from the others. Together, they may more strongly support one particular inference over another. An explanation involving circumstantial evidence becomes more likely once alternative explanations have been ruled out.

Reasonable doubt is tied into circumstantial evidence as that evidence relies on inference. It was put in place because the circumstantial evidence may not be enough to convict someone fairly. Reasonable doubt is described as the highest standard of proof used in court  ..."  --  wikipedia

Hello,

Please note that off-topic posts have been removed from the forum.

Let's stick to the thread's subject: Have you received a vaccination for covid yet? How?

Thank you

Diksha
Expat.com team

paulmsn wrote:
Bootneck wrote:

My friends live in Duyên Hải district, in a rural area nearer to Long Hữu.  Do you have any idea how widespread the vaccinations are in your district?  Is it just Duyên Hải town?

Greetings paulmsn, recently we've had an increase of cases in this area so they are expanding their efforts to roll out the vaccine in all districts in Tra Vinh province.. hopefully it will gain momentum..

"Ho Chi Minh City will vaccinate more than 216,000 foreigners"

https://zingnews.vn/tphcm-se-tiem-vacci … 52420.html

Translates very well in Google Chrome with Vietnamese translation.
Has statistics and a graph.  216k really? Huh, 2% of 10 million.
It is long, here are excerpts:

The People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City assigned the Department of Health to allocate vaccine resources and organize injections for foreigners as soon as possible.
Many foreign representative agencies have sent diplomatic notes or through official contacts, expressing their wish that Ho Chi Minh City will soon vaccinate its citizens as soon as possible.
Through data from embassies and consulates of other countries, the Department of Foreign Affairs reported that 216,006 foreigners living and working in Ho Chi Minh City want to be vaccinated.
The Department of Foreign Affairs argued that since the outbreak in Ho Chi Minh City, many countries have actively donated medical equipment and vaccines to Vietnam, of which most are distributed to Ho Chi Minh City. Direct donor countries such as: Japan (3 million doses of AstraZeneca); USA (5 million doses of Moderna); Australia ($13.5 million through Covax and pledge to send 1.5 million doses of AstraZeneca); UK (415,000 doses of AstraZeneca); and many countries contribute through the Covax mechanism.

paulmsn wrote:
Bootneck wrote:

Paulmsn, one thing I will add is that considering that we still have quite low numbers of infected people in this region, if the local commune health authorities do not effectively roll out the vaccines in their communes the vaccines will be taken away and given to more highly infected areas

I got a shot of Astra Zeneca in June. It was through a business partner who registered and got few spares as some of his employees refused the vaccine...
Then I registered in the French Embassy campaing in July and a shot of Moderna 2nd of August. They told that they won't give me the vaccine certificate until i get 2nd shot of Moderna!
Last night I recieved my appointment for the 2nd Moderna shot for next week.

Jphasia wrote:

I got a shot of Astra Zeneca in June. It was through a business partner who registered and got few spares as some of his employees refused the vaccine...
Then I registered in the French Embassy campaing in July and a shot of Moderna 2nd of August. They told that they won't give me the vaccine certificate until i get 2nd shot of Moderna!

WOW lucky you then, 3 shots when most Vietnamese have not had any!!! hummmmmmmm

goodolboy wrote:
Jphasia wrote:

I understand your point... Unfortunately, that's the way it is.
I leave in Phuket, Thailand but I came here end of last year for work. Now I really want to go back home in Phuket to see my family. But at this time, only fully vaccinated people are allowed to enter Phuket.
I was sure that it would take very long before i could get at least the first shot. But it came last this when i was offer one shot from my business partner and then the French Embassy...
I have not seen my wife and my son for 10 months now. But now, it look like it will happen soon...

Jphasia wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
Jphasia wrote:

I understand your point... Unfortunately, that's the way it is.
I leave in Phuket, Thailand but I came here end of last year for work. Now I really want to go back home in Phuket to see my family. But at this time, only fully vaccinated people are allowed to enter Phuket.
I was sure that it would take very long before i could get at least the first shot. But it came last this when i was offer one shot from my business partner and then the French Embassy...
I have not seen my wife and my son for 10 months now. But now, it look like it will happen soon...

Yeah.

In my case I've only had one shot of the Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine, but that is considered fully vaccinated by the World Health Organization, and the Thailand stipulation for entry (C.O.E.) into the country is that, however you are "fully vaccinated", it must be approved by the W.H.O.

So it's understandable that you would get that third shot.

It's the first shot that's a bit more dubious.

It's the first shot that's a bit more dubious.

WOW .......Fake news, its now well established that the Astra shot is a good protection against Covid & the stats out of UK clearly prove it. Even during the latest spike with infections in UK noted deaths attributed to Covid were virtually nil. As for the blood clot debate, see below. Astra has been the victim of Brexit trash coming out of EU & big US Farma who dont want it cos it sells at a fraction of the cost of Pfizer & Moderna & J & J  & I say that as a total hypocrite because I own stock in 2 of these companies.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/07/2 … tudy-finds

Hello, just like to know any adverse outcomes so far reported if you "mix" 2 types of vaccines? Tks.

Read that the EMA and ECDC had said that this strategy of mixing vaccines is expected to be a safe approach in view of diverse vaccines availability. Reference Angela Merkel had an initial AstraZ then followed with a Moderna in July.. should be okay....then..

An mRNA vaccine after AstraZeneca results in higher efficacy, according to European studies.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01805-2

paulmsn wrote:

An mRNA vaccine after AstraZeneca results in higher efficacy, according to European studies.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01805-2

I saw that on the news & looked everywhere for it so thanks for posting. Time Astra got some good PR.

My wife told me last night that her sister and most of her sister's family had declined the Chinese made Sinovac inoculation.  While I have read that it may not be as good as Astra-Zenica or the three types approved in the US, it certainly must be much better then no vaccine at all.   It seems that her refusal was based on the common Vietnamese dislike of anything from China.  Is this common among local people?

Fortunately her son was vaccinated at his University but I don't know with what.

Yes, this is very common. They actually detest all things Chinese owing to history, battles etc as the Chinese had suppressed them. However, remnants of Chinese culture are still widely seen in District 5 and these days, quite a few Chinese products, appliances and so on are seen in local markets. As for vaccines,  its hard to make a mindset shift overnight. You are right,  a vaccine is better than none; but are they enlightened enough?