Internet Access in and around Cebu City ?

Sorry if this topic has been posted previously by others.. but I need to know if the internet access is decent in and around Cebu City...I'm not looking for online gaming or a ton of movies to stream..  Moreover,  I have a Facebook Portal device that I need to keep in contact with my disabled brother back in the states.  Does anyone out there have one of these FB Portal devices there in Phil ?  Thanks in advance,  Tony

Hey Tony,
I've spent a lot of time in Cebu City (well I did - Covid) since 2013.  The internet access has improved greatly and is almost comparable with NA.  In late 2019 I was able to stream Netflix, get live stock quotes etc.  No issues!  I find you get what you pay for, so do your homework and shop around.

awesome dude.. thank you for that info..  much appreciated.  do you recall the name of the service you used in Cebu?

https://techpilipinas.com/pldt-home-fibr-review/

I had Globe in the past, but I'm hearing PLDT fibre is great these days and will likely try it when I get back to Cebu.  Friends of mine are using PLDT right now and are happy with it!

Many CallCenters and other such internet needing services are located in Metro Cebu and they get good enough internet.

awesome on the PLDT ... will check'em out.. thanks man

tpiro wrote:

PLDT fibre is great but their customer service really sucks, must be the worst of any major company in Philippines.

Oh hell.. that's a given even if they were Comcast or ATT here in the States.... they ALL suck! IMO

FindlayMacD wrote:
tpiro wrote:

PLDT fibre is great but their customer service really sucks, must be the worst of any major company in Philippines.

No, that honor belongs to Globe. We had problems every single month when we tried to use their service in Cebu City. Cutoff for non-payment (wtf?), slowdowns, overcharging, and on and on. Someone must have flagged our account for harassment. Don't know how many hours we waited in that stupid CS center in Ayala Mall.

Went back to PLDT Fiber which we had prior. Never an issue with PLDT - used it from 2014 through 2021 with the exception of those 6 months on Globe in 2018 or so.

That said, I use Globe for my prepaid phone SIM, lol. Never a problem.

tpiro wrote:

Oh hell.. that's a given even if they were Comcast or ATT here in the States.... they ALL suck! IMO

While in the states I had Cox, they were outstanding. They can remotely fix many problems, if not, they send out a technician with a two hour window that you choose.