Employment/ S Pass Approvals (please share)

Dear Forum Members-

In lieu of the increased queries on approval status, requesting all forum members here to share their experiences if you have secured your approval to a new pass (EP/ S Pass) or even a Renewal over the past 2-3 months.

Pass type:
New Pass or Renewal?
Date of application:
Approved on:
Job role:
Industry:
Rejections if any?

A lot of people are stuck in the review process, would be helpful to get a sense of approvals to keep the hopes alive.

EP Renewal
Applied - 28 July
Approved - 11 Aug
Salary change ~ 20% from last EP (~5% in march 2021  ~15% in July 2021)

Type: SPASS to EP New Application
Job role: Data Analyst
Industry: FinTech
Applied: Jun-15-2021
Rejected: Jul-20-2021 [qualification document issues]
Approved: Aug-10-2021

Pass type: EP
New Pass or Renewal? Renewal
Date of application: 25/05/2021
Rejected : 25/07/2021
Reason: No Salary increment according SAT not eligible
Applied : SPASS
Date of Application : 02/08/2021
Approved on: 11/08/2021
Job role: Systems Analyst
Industry: Fintech MNC
Rejections if any?

Pass type: S Pass
New Pass or Renewal? New Pass
Date of application: 13/07/2021
Approved on: 26/07/2021
Job role: Guest Service Executive
Industry: Hospitality
Rejections if any? No

Hi All,

EP Approved.

Sector : IT
Nationality : Indian (working in Singapore since 2015)

Date of Application : 09/06/2021

New pass or Renewal ? New Pass

25/06/2021: MOM requested additional documents (resume and Justification letter for hiring)

30/06/2021 : HR submitted additional documents

14/08/2021 : Approved.

67 days

All the best to everyone who are waiting for outcome.

Congrats Vishwa...just a query: when MoM requested more docs, status of application was rejected and your HR submitted docs with appeal Or Status was made pending ?

Thanks Feb2Oct, Status was pending.. Never rejected.

Feb2Oct wrote:

Congrats Vishwa...just a query: when MoM requested more docs, status of application was rejected and your HR submitted docs with appeal Or Status was made pending ?

If you get a ‘request' for additional information, application is always ‘pending'. You are given a time frame within which you have to provide the info. it is ‘rejected' only if you fail to provide the info- hope this helps.

Rejections occur when MoM isn't convinced, or you haven't provided the very basic documents that must accompany an application- that's when you do an appeal with justification.

Thankyou Shekz...
just to get clarity, my HR had submitted university degree along with application but not the engineering mark Sheets , for indian origin people, its listed in supporting doc list in mom website. EP rejection reason was something for high salary..

1. can missing mark-sheet and rejection reason be linked in any means?
2.  In such scenarios MoM ask for marksheet submission by keeping case pending or straight rejection they are doing?

Also need guidance ,as appeal is running 3rd week now, do you think any followup should we do now with MoM..?

My husband's SPass was approved yesterday…now just waiting for my EP…

Date applied 4 August
Date approved 16 August
New application - previously on LOC for different employer
Company: MNC recruitment firm
Role: Business Development Manager
No request for additional information

Feb2Oct wrote:

Thankyou Shekz...
just to get clarity, my HR had submitted university degree along with application but not the engineering mark Sheets , for indian origin people, its listed in supporting doc list in mom website. EP rejection reason was something for high salary..

1. can missing mark-sheet and rejection reason be linked in any means?
2.  In such scenarios MoM ask for marksheet submission by keeping case pending or straight rejection they are doing?

Also need guidance ,as appeal is running 3rd week now, do you think any followup should we do now with MoM..?

If they have stated reason as high salary, it is that. But it doesn't necessarily mean that MoM will approve it, they may reject the appeal stating mark sheets have not been submitted, may be even ask for agency confirmation.

See these are basics and shouldn't be done wrong in the first place, if your employer would have submitted transcripts as asked for people with educational background from Indian institutes, you must submit the same in entirety. You yourself know that it was missed, so sitting and counting days is of no use.

Here is what I would do, if I were you, ask my employer to submit a request, stating the mark sheets are also attached and these were missed earlier owing to human negligence and you are sorry, also request an update. See how that goes.

Thankyou shekz... i will request my employer now

Pass type: S
New Pass or Renewal? New
Date of application: 12 July 2021
Approved on: 26 July 2021
Job role: Test Engr
Industry: MNC, Automatio
Rejections if any?

Hi all,

My apologies if I raise my question to the wrong post.
I have an offer with SGD$ 4,500 salary, but have 10 years experience in Malaysia (exactly same job desciption with current offer). Company doesn't have sufficient headcount for S Pass.

Highest qualification is Diploma level.
I'm doing distance learning Bachelor Degree, yet to graduate.
Done the Self-Test-Assessment, result is only qualified for S Pass.

Possible I can try for E Pass using the working experience part?
Nope, you may try with a different employer who has quota and willing to pay you the EP minimums instead.
@Shekhz
Thanks for the advice. It helps a lot.
Hi . Decided to share my journey after being a lurker in this forum for weeks waiting for my S Pass!

New Pass or Renewal? New
Date of application: 14 July 2022

Rejected on : 18 July 2022 (my employer forgot to add in any of my work experiences)
reason of rejection : "This candidate is not eligible to work in Singapore. Please find another candidate."

Appealed on: 21 July 2022
MoM Asked for a letter of justification on why the company needs to hire me on 28 July 2022

Approved on: 19 August 2022 (1 month and 4 days from application date)

Job role: Interior Designer
Industry: Creative Industry

Additional info
Country of origin: Indonesia
Work Experience: 1.5 year in Indonesia
Degree: Bachelor of Interior Design from BINUS University, Indonesia.
@Tedwin Tansan

Approval time morning or evening
Dear members I need some information about S pass application and ipa letter urgently. Kindly help me.
I am from India and Applying for a job through an agency.
Is there any possibility that an employment agent/agency apply for s pass application approval. Get IPA letter approved and then take a consulting fees . After take huge amount of money from applicant then cancel the IPA ?

I mean is there any chance of fraud after IPA approval?
Kindly let me know
JS: only the employing company can apply for your work pass. They can engage an agent for the formalities of the application, but then they (not you) have to pay the associated fees.
Employment agents are seldom helpful and often dushonest, especially if they try to extract fees from desperate job-seekers.
@beppi
Thanks for your answer.
Kindly clarify one more thing.
It means if I get IPA letter then there is no chance of visa cancellation without a any serious reason?
Kindly correct me if i am wrong.
A work pass can be cancelled at any time by the employer, if it becomes clear that the employment ends or will not start, e.g. due to termination. MoM does not check if a dismissal is justified -that‘s a matter for the courts). With cancellation of the work pass, of course the associated IPA also becomes void.

Hi, just wanted to share my experience :)

New Pass or Renewal? New, I'm a fresh grad

Date of application: 12/10/2022

Approved on: 31/10/2022

Job role: Software engineer

Industry: IT

Rejections if any? No

To anyone waiting for their pass approval, good luck!