US to Portugal Relocation/Moving Company Recommendations

Has anyone had a positive experience when moving to Eastern Algarve from the US? It seems that each company I research has lots of very negative reviews. Help if you can, please

There are usually two companies involved. The one that is packing and shipping your stuff in the US and then they have a partner in Portugal that does the customs clearance, delivery to your house and unpacking. In the US you would probably know best who can do the job (load of info on the Internet).

In Portugal we used Galamas and they were very good and competent. Should we move again, Galamas would be my first choice.

I've moved quite a few times and it seems to me that you'll find almost nothing but negative reviews (at least online) for moving companies. People just don't go out of their way to say they've had a great experience moving. I think the hope is just that nothing goes wrong. Personally, I've used Three Men And A Truck to move a few times, both within the US and internationally, and I haven't had any complaints about them.

If you have done your research you will see that no moving process goes perfectly. But we expect the best and the lesser the problem occurs the better. The best thing to do is get multiple quotes from different moving companies and compare the prices and services to get the best deal. And if you are trying to find the cheapest way to move furniture to another state or another country you can try Buzzmoving to get multiple quotes.

To be honest, I moved many times and the moves were all close to perfect. From packing the home content to customs and unpacking at the destination. I could bot complain at all, but I never looked too much at the cost.