Uk resident can i buy in italy still in uk.

hi everyone, iam uk resident, i want to retire to greece or italy, soon can i buy a house from uk without going to greece to buy it, but in effect buy it ready. what papers do i need, and will i be able to buy from uk ie via internett, without going over their to buy.    will i be able to apply for residencey in greece once i get their and move in my new home or do i have to do it before i go their.
with thanks
kind regards
Anne xx

Do not even think about buying without seeing the property especially on the internet. Also if you want to become a resident of a eu country you have to show you have an regular income. Plus at the moment due to the pandemic put everything on hold until travel rules relax. Think you need proper advice from someone close to you. This is a bid decision and not one to rush into. Good luck but
' Look before you leap'!! Marion.h

thank you for your message, i dont need a regular income from a work source , as i have my pension and iv been told this will survice like thousands of pensioners who move abroad.

Go and see a solicitor for legal advice.

is this the case marion , as thousands do , yes

dear marion thank you for  your message, but if im a pensioner, that is counted as a regular income right.  as many pensioners go retire abroad thousands on their pension, yes

im uk citizen can i retire to greece on  my pension, will that be acceptable to greece authorities. 
many thanks
Anne

hi anyone out their bought a residence abroad while still in uk.

You can buy a property in Europe with the help of a local solicitor who can speak English and act on your behalf.Yes , plenty of people relocate using their pension and survive on it  . HOWEVER , please take the advice and don't buy a picture, just go to the place for a weekend break and look at 10 properties per weekend and see it with your own eyes because Italy, Greece and Spain are famous for selling people lemons.

You are asking the same question for different countries. Now Brexit has happened, each country has different rules. Some have more hurdles to go through. But yes it is possible on a whole. View the property first, don't buy anything from just seeing a picture(s) on the internet.

@shelleyadrienne

A new adventure! Good luck!

1. As many of our knowledgable members here have confirmed, it is more difficult for Brits to move to Europe post-Brexit. But, as a retiree, it is possible for you to get residency, and it should be relatively easy (and the process would be similar for any EU country that you chose). It would be granted on the basis of your pension, rather than your ownership of property. Therefore, you might want to consider getting your residency sorted out before choosing a place to live. Especially as you'll have to be present in the country to apply for residence, which is a great time to look around at the country, and particular properties. But either way would be OK.

2. I am one of the expat.com posters who has purchased sight unseen, via the internet. Indeed, I'm writing this from our house in the Balkan Mountains, which we bought without viewing in 2018 - and it's wonderful! So it's certainly possible. However, most here would suggest you avoid doing so, and even though I've had good experiences, I certainly wouldn't recommend it. If you decide to do it this way, you must be careful because there are many potential pitfalls, both with the property itself and the transfer/purchase!

I bought from Ebay sellers with very good feedback, and I also purchased a property via a very large, reputable estate agent. I would say that reputation of the seller/agent is a huge factor in a remote sale. Because of the Covid Crisis, it has been much harder to travel, and hence many agents have been using the internet more, so that you can feel more comfortable buying remotely. They take lots of photos, include videos of the property, and some even add interactive 360 degree views of each room! Some are conducting "virtual viewings" where they walk around the property while on a Skype or Whatsapp call with you. In this case, we might feel it's almost as good as being there in person.

You can also use Google / Google Maps to look at the village/region and do research on the immigration rules, the cost of living, and the experience of other expats/retirees there.

Besides, you don't have to make a final decision. You can use the above methods to create a shortlist, then only go view your top choices. Or, possibly, if you love a particular property, you can pay a small reservation fee... and then view. If you see it and discover something unexpected, and feel you've made a terrible choice... it's probably worth losing the reservation fee rather than going through with the purchase.

3. Separate from viewing and choosing a property, you have to buy it. Most European countries use the notary system, where buyer and seller meet at a public notary and sign the notary act. You can do this while still in the UK by giving a POA (power of attorney) to a trusted friend/agent/attorney, and they can sign on your behalf. Such a POA is a formal legal document, so you need the correct version for the country of purchase, and then you need to get it (a) notarized, (b) legalised, and (c) sent over to your representative. You don't need a lot of documentation to buy a property: your passport, and the money, will normally be sufficient!

4. Italy and Greece are beautiful countries. There are many happy retirees here. Perhaps also consider Spain and France because these have also been very popular with Brits. I have personally lived in France, Spain and Cyprus, and very much enjoyed my time there. If you have a generous private pension, you can live anywhere in Europe. However, if you only have your state pension, I think you might find things a little expensive. In this case, I suggest you also consider Bulgaria, which is substantially less expensive to live, and has cheaper property. I am now living here mostly, and I recommend it highly!

How do I check my residency status in Spain?

How much income do I need for Spanish residency?
If you wish to immigrate in Spain and you have sufficient income to support yourself and your dependents, you may apply for a Non-lucrative residence visa. This visa does not entitle you to work in Spain. You must have income of at least €25,560 annually, plus €6,390 per each additional family member.