Where in Turkey is best to live?

Good morning everyone,

I would like to know which City is better to live? I have a 20 years old child that will need University.

Is it Istanbul, Ankara or Karabuk?

Thank you

I would say Ankara. Although it is a big city, there is no traffic which kills you like in İstanbul. Also there are some good universities in Ankara like ODTÜ, Bilkent and Hacettepe.

Hello,I have been to Turkey once and I think Istanbul is the best. Where are u presently?

Hello
Lasco..good morning and how was your night I hope you enjoying it very well so, you are welcome my dear am shegsy buy name God bless you

Hey, I have visit so much city on turkey and the best one for me is definitely İzmir.
City is not perfect for tourism but for live you can't found better.

İn my oppinion you settle down in Konya because life is cheaper than other turkey city

I don't reside in Turkey just yet so I'm not as insightful as Turks, but my choice when I move to Turkey will be Eskisehir.  Geographically, it is between Istanbul and Ankara about 4.5 hours from Istanbul with a population of about 0.85M.  It is a very progressive city, with a high quality of life and it was ranked as the 8th safest city in the world last year:

https://www.duvarenglish.com/turkeys-es … news-56051

Cost of living is very reasonable (much better than Istanbul or Ankara) and a big plus for you is that it is a college town.  There are 3 state universities: Anadolu University, Eskişehir Osmangazi University and Eskişehir Technical University.

A positive for me is that winters are snowy & cold and summers can be hot but the humidity is low.  Both my wife and I abhor heat. 

Here is one of many links expanding on Eskisehir:
https://expatguideturkey.com/eskisehir- … ide/#facts

Good luck in your search.

Can I get a visa to live in Turkey for 3-6 months?

I don't know your background and what is important for you in choosing a place to live. I got interested in Turkey about a year and a half ago. Did a lot of research and watched a lot of travel videos of many cities here on google. I have settled down in Kusadasi. I have been here, for now, more than 6 months and think I made the best choice for myself. Kusadasi sits on the Aegean Sea, is a tourist city with fresh air all day long all year long. I have found the people here to be warm and friendly and very helpful. The food and culture are great. Living here is very inexpensive, both cost of living and food. So to answer your question one really needs to know what you need in your life.

Hope this helps and if you would like to give me a description of your needs please don't hesitate to respond.

Dennis (Formally from the USA)

That's a tricky question and depends on your personal preferences. I personally live in a traditional Turkish village and I'm the only foreigner for miles around....but if you like to have company with people from your own country or be part of an expat community I recommend you check out all the Facebook groups and get an idea from them. I'm not too far from Kusadasi and I think that's a nice place to live if you want a normal expat life.

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but Bursa is by far the best place to live. İskender originated here in Bursa... enough said.

Hey Mikealex,
We visited Turkey last year and took a road trip through the country.  Our last leg of our trip was a 2 night stop in Bursa in the Tuzpazari neighborhood at Lena Central Flats. 

Unfortunately, being that it was our last leg of the trip, most of our time was expended in getting our PCR testing.  For the short time we were there, our impression was not positive in that it is densely populated with congested traffic and a hectic lifestyle.  Could you offer suggestions on where the alluring parts of the city are for the next time?
Eskisehir is not too far away, I would suggest you take a weekend visit.  We were impressed.

Hi Dennis,   I have read several of your post and liked what you had to say.  I live in USA and I am looking to move to Turkey.  Based on your post I looked at videos of Kusadasi and really liked it.  However,  I am wondering if you have heard anything about algae growing in the Aegean Sea.  I heard something last year and nothing since.  I was in Turkey for 3 weeks in November 2021, stayed Konyaalti Beach in Antalya, Loved it.  It had lots of transportation options (taxis, bus, trains) which spoiled me. Does Kusadasi have good transportation and weather.  While in Turkey I visited, Kemer, Kas, Fethiye liked them all which makes it hard to choose.  Anyway,  location (close to beach, stores, restaurants), cost of living and transportation (not planning on having a car) are important to me.

Hello! I think the same as you about where to live in Turkey. In the countryside. Also a nice beach near by./LG.