International divorce with Chinese wife?

Sorry this is a bit of a sad subject. I was married in China and my wife was supposed to move to the US. In the end she didn't want to leave her home country and I don't think I can move there. So we will just get divorced or annulled if possible. So she is in China and I am in the US.

Flying there to get a divorce would be about the most miserable and heart-breaking experience ever. So does anyone know if a divorce or annulment can be done with her in China and me in my home country? Like at the Chinese embassy?

Depends who needs the divorce most.....

You absolutely can.

The General Principles of the Civil Law of the People's Republic of China, Article 147, also set forth the principle that a divorce shall be bound by the law of the place where a court accepts the case. According to the Marriage Law of People's Republic of China, if both partners of a marriage seek a divorce voluntarily, they may go to the appropriate marriage registration office to file the registration for divorce. If one of the partners requests a divorce and the other does not agree, the former can then file a divorce suit with the court. But registration for divorce with the marriage registration office is not applicable to a foreign-related marriage. All cases of divorce in China concerning a foreign-related marriage must be filed with the court. In order for the Chinese court to accept such a case, at least one of the partners of the marriage must either have Chinese residency and be physically present in the territory of the People's Republic of China or have resided continuously in China for at least one year. Provided the above requirement is met, in case the other partner of the marriage resides outside China, the one requesting a divorce may file a divorce suit with the intermediate people's court in the place where he or she lives, or where his or her residency is registered. Otherwise, if the partner requesting a divorce lives overseas, he or she may file the suit with the intermediate people's court in the place where either the other partner of the marriage lives or that partner's residency is registered.

No bro, just the Chinese dream to move to US , didn't come true,haha, because today US is not going well, who cares marriage,love,... Chinese woman?? Are serious?

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : inappropriate comment
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
coltsow12114 wrote:

No bro, just the Chinese dream to move to US , didn't come true,haha, because today US is not going well, who cares marriage,love,... Chinese woman?? Are serious?

Why do Chinese women dream of moving to the United States? That is funny. It is the best of times, Chinese women can be easy to find work and support themselves, find love on the basis of equality. Of course, they believe true love.

Haha, they believe in cash, trust me, don't be fooled like a little boy

Oh, sorry ,you are this type of woman, sure you won't agree, hah

coltsow12114 wrote:

Haha, they believe in cash, trust me, don't be fooled like a little boy

What ??? I am Chinese women and am in China always. My word is ture. Why do you think Chinese women believe cash? Why?  That is incredible.

How long were you married? Any joint property/assets bought during your marriage?
Children? Too many questions to answer yours.

Unfortunately this is a common experience of male expats.

@Guestposter988 If a Chinese citizen files a divorce suit from a foreigner in China, what is the appropriate response required from the foreigner to process the divorce?

@garciasamantha2013

Hello and welcome !

Please note that GuestPoster is no longer on the website...

Regards

Bhavna