EP rejection

I am on DP and currently in Singapore, having 13  years technical work experience in India in MNC. Got job offer here first time in SG, HR applied EP, Authority rejected mentioning high salary as first job in SG. Offered salary is must minimum Calculated by SAT tool, HR appealed back.
Waiting for outcome.
Any suggestion in my case as my technology is a niche tech rare, n After posting job in sg govt site, 0 applicants in past 30 days. Plz guide if anyone faced similar reason of first job thing..

This is the same condition as mine. My employer appealed stating SAT tool minimum requirements, but they rejected appeal saying 'you have not mentioned why the candidate should command this salary.' Now my employer is planning to write a full fledged letter saying how he didn't get any local candidates as well as PR and why I am the right candidate for the role. Trust me the process is counter intuitive in itself. First they say follow SAT, and when you follow SAT they say why high salary. So, it's very tough. But good luck to you!

Feb2Oct & Md_88: I think the confusion here stems from the two separate requirements, which seem to conflict in your cases:
- The offered pay must be in line (neither too high nor too low) with market standards for your background (education, experience). This is (roughly) evaluated by the SAT.
- It must also fit the job and industry (scope, seniority, responsibilities). The SAT does NOT take this into consideration!

By the way: A jobs bank posting with no suitable local applicant is a necessary requirement for hiring any foreigner (in any job).

Thanks Beppe.. one more query i have , if job requires Minimum relevant  5 plus years( just putting jumber doe example)  of experience and i have more than 12 , can that cause any issue?

Feb2Oct wrote:

Thanks Beppe.. one more query i have , if job requires Minimum relevant  5 plus years( just putting jumber doe example)  of experience and i have more than 12 , can that cause any issue?

More experience, additional skills etc command a higher salary- its straight forward.

Example: You pay a junior sales rep/ software developer etc a lower salary compared to someone with 2x the experience.

Thanks Shekz..

Got your point, just thinking, for the given job profile, if no one applied from local talent pool..and from SAT i found in software engineer or developer profile, irrespective of years of experience ( be it 1 year or 12 years) min salary for EP is same which offered to me..in that Case its difficult to understand why salary is mentioned high when its matched with mom guideline..please share some light on this

Dear Shekhz, Beppi and All,

Once appeal is filled, does ep application status also changes from rejected to something else like pending etc..? Plz guide

If you referring to status on EPOnline: Nope, doesn’t change with an appeal submission. Once appeal has been reviewed, it would be updated to approve/ remain as rejected (based on MoMs final decision).

Thankyou Shekhz