How can i get permanent visa of brasil

Hi!
According to the practical information I had from Policia Federal is:
They cancel the permanent residency if they know that the divorce was affirmed. (averbacao de divorcio).

I know a very close friend who got denied his entry to Brazil by federal police because he had already divorced, his status of permanent visa was already cancelled in the system of Policia Federal.
This person was entering to Brazil to continue his Postgraduate studies, as he had a full scholarship. He went to his home country just to visit the family. He did not know that his Permanent RNE was cancelled, while he was handling RNE card in his hand. At immigration, Policia Federal collected his RNE and denied the entry.

The Policia federal came to know that he was a legitimate student, they denied his entry and asked him to come to Brazil based on a student visa to study. This person showed me his entry refusal letter as well as Permanent RNE cancellation letter issued by Police.

Now, I know that Permanent visa can be cancelled upon registered divorce. If you are already in Brazil, don't go anywhere without regularizing your status, otherwise, you can get in trouble.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks

Hello sir, is it true that permanent residents might be given to the parent, baby and siblings of foreigner that gave birth in Brazil?

Foreigners who have permanent residency may obtain permanent residency in Brazil for their parents, grandparents, and minor children.  They can only obtain permanent residency for adult children and siblings if those individuals are disabled, and totally dependent on the applicant for support.

I am soory i don't know. But after birth of child foreigner can get permanent resudence. If divorce occur too. He will not loose his permanent residence. If divorce occur before 5 years.

You are right. They did. If you go out side country. As in my case they do cancel.

You are right brother. I apolied for visit visa. They denied my visa. Embassy replied me. We sent your case to Brasilia for review. Ministry denied your case with information from Policia federal. Although i live in Brazil for 4 years 9 months.

can anyone tell my which form I am to fill in, on the Policia Federal site.
I have been maried to a brasilian for many years, but have never applied for a visum before. I am in brazil now, on a tourist visa, and would like to apply, but there are so many forms, and most of them are for people who have applied for visa , via a embassy abroad. I there anyone hjere, who has applied from within brazil.

If you´re thinking of applying for a permanent visa (resident) you´ll need a lot of documents from marriage certificate to criminal records; proof of address; translations,etc. Your tourist visa won´t suffice for the duration needed to achieve your goal...

You should start in your country, Denmark.

robal

Agree with Robal. Best place to start is with the Consulate or embassy of Brazil. They have all the information on it's website. You will need to get started ASAP .

Haika1966

If you're traveling on a Danish passport, you only have 90 days in every consecutive 180 days in Brazil, with no extensions, so as robal says, you probably don't have time to turn the documents you'll need around during your visa's validity.  But you may have a bigger problem if you're Faroese, and be caught in a Catch-22.
Since it acceded to the 1961 Apostille Convention in 2016, Brazil no longer requires official documents from other parties to the Convention to be legalized at a Brazilian Consulate; rather, they receive an "apostille", a guarantee from the issuing country's government, certifying that the document is genuine.  When Denmark acceded to the Convention, however, Greenland and the Faroes were excluded from its accession!  In principle, any of your documents issued by the Faroes Government would need to be legalized at the Brazilian Embassy in Copenhagen, if they still legalize documents.  Any of your documents issued in Denmark can be apostilled.
You will need the documents on the Federal Police list for Permanent Residency based on Family Reunion, and some of them, notably your Birth Certificate and Criminal Background Check, will need either apostilles or legalization.  The Danish Foreign Ministry will probably be able to provide further clarification through the "Contact" link at this site:
http://um.dk/en/travel-and-residence/legalisation/
You probably will also want to contact the Faroes Government directly in Tórshavn.
Good luck!

I have already been at the policia federal in rio, And i got a list with all the document I need, and I have all that. Only thing I needed from my Home Country  was a criminal record from Denmark. In addition I had to obtain 6 criminal records from brazil, and a bunch of differnet declarations , which i got from a cartorio.  - a bit overkill, with all those criminal records,  but never mind, it is all online.

But my problem is that on the Site for Policia Federal, there are so many different forms, that I have no clue which one to use.

Hi,

I have no idea what catch -22 is.

Danish foreign ministry legalize/apostille all our  documents, Does not matter where they are issued.
I only needed a Criminal record, which has been legalized.  I don't need a birth certificate, because I have a brazilian mariage certificate.

I am only in doubt what form to use to do the registration.
There are so many, which to me look exactly the same.

well i have started - I have all the documents, and I have been at the Policia federal, and got a list over documents, I need.
I have all that. I will go to federal Policia to deliver my document/application on the 22nd of aug.
Only problem, I am not sure I have filled in the correct form.

Have any of you been asked to get 6x  Brazilian criminal records?

I was told I had to get all these criminal records, because I have lived in brazil for so many years. I have had a Work Permit for 12 years prior, and therefor lived in brazil for the last 12 years.

If i run out of time, then I will apply from Denmark next time. I am just a bit in doubt if my wife has to be with me, when I do the application from Brazilian embassy in Copenhagen.

Haika1966 wrote:

well i have started - I have all the documents, and I have been at the Policia federal, and got a list over documents, I need.
I have all that. I will go to federal Policia to deliver my document/application on the 22nd of aug.
Only problem, I am not sure I have filled in the correct form.

Have any of you been asked to get 6x  Brazilian criminal records?

I was told I had to get all these criminal records, because I have lived in brazil for so many years. I have had a Work Permit for 12 years prior, and therefor lived in brazil for the last 12 years.

I had to get my Brazilian criminal records for my naturalization application.  It's easy, you do it all online, and can print the Certidões out for presentation with your other documents.  Just Google "Certidão de Antecidentes Criminais Federal", and fill out and send the online form; the Certidão should be in your email in a couple of minutes.  Then, do the same for every state that you need certs for.  The process should be basically the same.
Sounds like you have everything else you need.

Normally for a family reunion, there is the "chamante" (petitioner) and the chamado (dependent or beneficiary). Since you are already in Brazil (although a tourist), with already all the documents, you can migrate that visa to a permanent residency by
filling this form. As long as YOUR WIFE resides in Brazil. You will need her signature.

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/imigra … arios-e-mo

Click the the second link which has the form...

robal

Yes I found it to be quite easy.
I have friends who have applied for Visa also, buy they only were asked for one Brazilian criminal record, in addition the the one from Denmark, but it was ok, becuase I got all online.

Ok, yes that apply to me. So I most likely have filled in the correct form.

The above link after review seems not to work. I´m posting the link again to show you the form. Click the second link from the top for the form. I hope it won´t be reviewed again...

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/imigra … -e-modelos

Its the Requerimento de Permanência - Ministério da Justiça.

robal

I have been at the policia federal. All was good, but then an unforeseen problem arose. There was a misspelling of my mother name on the marriage certificate. Her first name is Katrin, but it said Kartrin. The visa process will stand for 1 month, and I will see if I can rectify this inside that period. When I came home I check my birth certificate, but all was good there. I then check the sworn translation( I had a copy), and there it was. The translator had written the name wrong.

I went first to the Cartorio no 6, where we got married, and they said they could rectify it, because they had a copy of the original birth certificate, so that was easy. will go back to pick up a new marriage certificate in a weeks time. It was so easy, that it made me suspicious, because nothing is easy in Brazil, but we will see in a weeks time.

Common minor inconveniences in Brazil... Looks ok so far. Good luck and have a good time in Brazil!

The Sworn Translator should give you a corrected version at no extra charge, if you bring it to their attention.

Hi,

The person who translate everything for me,  will give me a corrected translation, for free. So that is good.

Haika1966 wrote:

Hi,

The person who translate everything for me,  will give me a corrected translation, for free. So that is good.

Good news, but not surprising :  that seems to be part of their professional ethics.
Sworn Translations don't have an expiration date, so it's worthwhile to make sure they're perfect.   Glad you asked.  :idontagree:

all went very well. Cartorio corrected the misspelled name, and my visa application is delivered to PF in Rio De Janeiro. So if all go well I will have my Visa in 90 days, or so.