Kenyan Birth certificate translation

Hi..a requirement by the German government is for my nirth certificate to be translated.how do I do that?

You need to find a translator who is certified for your language into German.
If you cannot find one using Google, your country's embassy in Germany can probably help you - most embassies have a list of translators they work with and recommend.

beppi wrote:

You need to find a translator who is certified for your language into German.
If you cannot find one using Google, your country's embassy in Germany can probably help you - most embassies have a list of translators they work with and recommend.

Beppi is right and the key word is certified. Lots of people even in Germany or online present themselves as translators. But for official documents one will need an officially recognized one; in Germany this cost a good 100 Euros or more or a single page with little text.

…And after a certified translator did his job, as Beppi suggested,
2) depending whether it is a simple certificate, or a certificate for a formal profession, you'll need a stamp from a master of oaths. A master of oath can be a police office or actuary, the latter being involved for more serious cases charging upwards of 50€ (amount of words,  value etc.).
3) Still after that, additionally, for some certifications, like a lawyer , medical doctor , patent engineer etc. your certificate might not qualify you, due to different standards.

JohannesM wrote:

…And after a certified translator did his job, as Beppi suggested,
2) depending whether it is a simple certificate, or a certificate for a formal profession, you'll need a stamp from a master of oaths. A master of oath can be a police office or actuary, the latter being involved for more serious cases charging upwards of 50€ (amount of words,  value etc.).
3) Still after that, additionally, for some certifications, like a lawyer , medical doctor , patent engineer etc. your certificate might not qualify you, due to different standards.

Never heard the expression "master of oaths". In most English speaking countries, the word is notarize done by a notary public, in Germany called a Notar  (not actuary and not done by the police in either Germany or any country I am familiar with). So yes, it can be that a document needs to be notarized but this is rare and German officials will clearly state if it is necessary. The only time I had to deal with one was with the purchase of my apartment but never in context of German immigration.

And of course any degree or certification needs to be officially recognized in Germany.