Relocation

We wish to emergrate to Greece and was wondering what is involved in this process and what kind of time frame.......I appreciate that this may be a long answer but any help would be welcomed even if it is just pointing me in the right direction of who best to talk too

Okay firstly where are you guys coming from and what do you intend to do e.g are you employed by a employer in your own country and their paying you IN your own country while working abroad

Or is the company asking you to actually relocate and get paid for your work in thier country this is all vital things to know to be able to answer your question

Or are you guys just emigrating and working isnt a priority

Retiring to Greece and living off our pensions

I just moved here last September as a retiree. It depends what country you are coming from.  But we came from UK. It was so easy. We applied for residency status, which we got through immigration department in the police station. You need passport and family status. You then need to register for Taxisnet through the local tax office and then for AMKA which is social security number. You will need to invest in private health I stance once you move here.

Thanks so much for the reply that info will be a great help...was wondering what part of Greece you are living in if you don't mind parting with that information

But that was before brexit man it's much harder to get residency

Hi guys,

I'm looking to have short conversations with people who've either relocated to Greece or who are in the process of doing so -- I'm on a team that's looking to start a "relocation companion" company so we want to hear from people who've made the move in order to understand what was difficult about the process.

Whoever's happy to share their story, please feel free to reach out!

All the best,
alexandros