Charming Coffee Shops in Kuwait

For those of you who enjoy socializing in coffee shops, I've ran into this charming cafe in down town called Coffee Republic, I'll provide detailed information about it when I stop by it again. It's located in a little charming strip. There's Red Mango there (the smoothie shop,) and there's another cafe that I don't recall the name of it.

thanx for the info; keep it coming :)

altho it would be nice to steer clear of the corporate fat-cat coffee shops, for instance, there is a charming establishment right across from the Kuwait Stock exchange, near Souk Al Mubarakiya, Right next to the Gulf bank branch there, i think its name is "haile and haleeb", i dont know the exact translation of haile but i know its added to turkish coffee, and haleeb is milk, its a locally owned shop hoping to grow.

so whether its caribou, second cup, coffee republic, costa or cinnabon, give the little guy a chance :D

and oh, if u ever do try a local coffee shop, go for the haleeb darsin, milk and cinnamon, very tasty.

Thanks for the info! I was kind of getting tired of the corporate coffee shops. I much prefer quaint local coffee shops but I just didn't know where to find them.

I think haile is cardamom. The haleeb darsin sounds so good!!

Good information for guys dear abfab70

hmmm, Sahar I don't think that those coffee shops are for girls you know in kuwait they sometimes forget that we exist.

remind them u exist ;)

it always seems that the coffee shop crowd is girls, u kno how guys prefer the, well, ur from lebanon, u understand the term "2ahweh", right? :P

That is right From_Lebanon, i've only seen guys with guys and girls with girls.. Why is that? I'm i totally understand the gym situations but just drinking a nice cup of joe does it really have to be like that?

I remember the cafe culture before I went to the US to finish my education and after I came back a couple of weeks ago and I could tell the difference between how relaxed people were (guys/girls) to chillax in a coffee shop (mixed crowd) and just enjoy chit chatting just like the way it is in many other countries and the way it is now. I really don't know what has happened recently to make that change. I was hoping to talk about charming coffee shops but for some reason the topic has changed to boys and girls :)

legacy wrote:

thanx for the info; keep it coming :)

altho it would be nice to steer clear of the corporate fat-cat coffee shops, for instance, there is a charming establishment right across from the Kuwait Stock exchange, near Souk Al Mubarakiya, Right next to the Gulf bank branch there, i think its name is "haile and haleeb", i dont know the exact translation of haile but i know its added to turkish coffee, and haleeb is milk, its a locally owned shop hoping to grow.

so whether its caribou, second cup, coffee republic, costa or cinnabon, give the little guy a chance :D

and oh, if u ever do try a local coffee shop, go for the haleeb darsin, milk and cinnamon, very tasty.

I'd like to try this cafe :) Thanks for the info

sorry for going off subject abfab but i was just writing back to fromlebanon about what she wrote..

its a culture thing baldmestizo; however there are exceptions to the norm

guys register on grabdealz.com and wait for the offers starting from 1st wk of august