Accomodation in Yokohama

Hi,

I have been in Yokohama for about 2 weeks and will be around for another 5-6 months. Need some help/advise on looking for a furnish apartment for my stay here. I've seen an apartment in Kannai area last week by Yokohama Weekly Mansion. Furnish but Very small around 20 m2 and cost about 160,000 Yen/month. I'll have to pay additional 4000 Yen for English Channels.

Any idea if this is the typical rates I will expect to pay around here. My office is around Minato Mirai area. I think any location within walking distance to a subway or JR line is ok. Doesn't have to be super close to the office.

Any advise recommendation on which areas I should look at, or areas I should avoid and perhaps links to potential sites would be really appreciated.

Stil trying to get my bearings right. :)

Thanks.

Hi Sue,

That sounds about normal, however you can probably shade that a bit depending on how fancy you want. Mansions will be more expensive and kennai not bad area for convenience.

Cheers
Mark

Thanks Mark.

Apart from Yokohama Mansions, any other apartments you would recommend I check out? Thanks.

Hi Sue,
the estate agents here are normally pretty good, but try a couple for safety sake as some mite hv something off market.
Otherwise you shud check around for flat sharing as more company and safety. It also makes your stay more enjoyable.

cheers
mark

(ps some of us are trying to arrange a get together evening drink,
so let us know if you up for it or not ... that is posted on the forum so just click on and say hello)

Hi Sue,

How did you get on?  Did you try different estate agents or check to share with someone?

Heard there are more expats now arriving in Japan especially Tokyo/Yokohama area, so guess rents will increase in cost.

Have you made any interesting friends or contacts?
How about Japanese food; whats your fav at moment?

Cheers
Mark
(currently on hols in lovely Bali...:)