Siam Commercial Bank Ho Chi Minh City

On SCB's website, they show SCB Branch in Saigon - does anyone know if it allows withdrawals in Saigon Branch from your Thailand SCB Account??  Just curious, I also have a Sacom Bank Acct,in Vietnam but considerably less in it than my SCB account in Thailand.

tunnelrat69 wrote:

On SCB's website, they show SCB Branch in Saigon - does anyone know if it allows withdrawals in Saigon Branch from your Thailand SCB Account??  Just curious, I also have a Sacom Bank Acct,in Vietnam but considerably less in it than my SCB account in Thailand.

Are we talking SCB as in Saigon Commercial Bank or SCB as in Standard Chartered Bank?

Sorry, but as the subject says, Siam Commercial Bank - its one of the biggest banks in Thailand.  They now show branches in Vietnam, Singapore, Vientiane and Phnom Penh.   I am just wondering is anyone knows can I use the Saigon branch to withdraw mooney from my Bangkok account.

tunnelrat69 wrote:

Sorry, but as the subject says, Siam Commercial Bank - its one of the biggest banks in Thailand.  They now show branches in Vietnam, Singapore, Vientiane and Phnom Penh.   I am just wondering is anyone knows can I use the Saigon branch to withdraw mooney from my Bangkok account.

OFFS sorry, did not read the heading. :o its an age thing!

goodolboy wrote:
tunnelrat69 wrote:

If things get too bad for Mr Thicko, you could always book into the happy hospital in Bien Hoa.

tunnelrat69 wrote:

In my experience, I was unable to do anything with my Bangkok Bank account in Thailand at their branches in Vietnam and Laos. This was years ago and a different bank, of course, so you would need to confirm.

Just because the names the same doesn't mean they cooperate.

Before coming to HCM I had a UK HSBC account.. asked can I use in VN .. yes sure

Went into HSBC here and they looked puzzled and just say we use same name that's all

colinoscapee wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
tunnelrat69 wrote:

If things get too bad for Mr Thicko, you could always book into the happy hospital in Bien Hoa.

Or fight for a space in the lobby

johnross23 wrote:
tunnelrat69 wrote:

In my experience, I was unable to do anything with my Bangkok Bank account in Thailand at their branches in Vietnam and Laos. This was years ago and a different bank, of course, so you would need to confirm.

Thanx; I suspect this too will be the case......It's just a thought but when I am able to return for good I'll pop in and see what they have to offer if anything.   The Bangkok Bank is one of the few that Social Security will deposit your check in the New York Branch, and you can withdraw with debit card from any branch in Thailand for free.  It's one of the ways you can keep a USA address for SSA deposit without having to verify your overseas address every (6 months, year??).

I also have a Thai SCB account so went to the HCMC branch a few months again with this question, but no, apparently they work as two completely separate entities and the VN branch does not have any access to Thai SCB accounts.

TomVdB wrote:

I also have a Thai SCB account so went to the HCMC branch a few months again with this question, but no, apparently they work as two completely separate entities and the VN branch does not have any access to Thai SCB accounts.

I was able to use my SCB Debit card in Ton Son Nhut Aprt, but was charged 300 baht.....never tried to use it again outside Thailand.  When I asked my branch, they consider overseas withdrawals an 'International Xfer'. so have to change the Thai baht to $$ then $$ to local currency. double whammy..........but that was a few years ago.  I am in Hawaii so will try it today just for fun.