Opening a bank account in france

Hello everyone.
I m just new in france and recently got married with my french husband.
I m not yet employed and still looking for job and learning french.
I would like to open a bank account here to be able to save my allowance from my father in that bank account.
Any suggestion about which bank with less tax and easier way?
Another question, what s the best way to change your dollar notes to Euro here in france?
Thanks

Salut
je peux vous parrainer chez une banque française en ligne
pour les dollars en euros pour l'instant je sais pas
Rod

Do you have a bank account in the USA?  Just get an atm card and take out the money in Euros in France...

It depends if you need access to the money on a regular basis. The best way would probably be to use a money transfer company and transfer larger amounts less regularly when the exchange rates are better.

You get a much better exchange rate that way - more euros for your dollars

You might consider putting your money into a Revolut account. It's an online account run via your phone and offers best exchange rates and a card. But no cheque services.

All the French banks I've seen are rubbish and charge you for nothing.

I have heard about Revolu.  Would one be able to rent an apartment or buy a car in France using this account?  Have you had any experience with it?  I'd really appreciate any information about your experience you could give me :>

I opened a Revolut account to rid myself of unreasonable fees. It has saved me a small fortune up to now. I have done very little of any size with it. But the organisation is impressive and their security is awesome!

Why not go to their website and ask your questions there?

thanks!  I've been to their website a few times but can't find answers to these specific questions.  I will try to call their customer service -

Hi,
We managed to open a saving account at La Banque Postale for my husband who is indonesian, it's free, they ask you a 10€ deposit for the opening and then they give you a free card to take money from Banque postale atm machines

It's not ideal as you wouldn't be able to pay by card in a shop, take out money from all atm or do a bank transfer (you still can receive one, so if you start working that account would work to receive your salary and to be linked to your securite sociale number) but it was the only option when we arrived as he didn't have any income yet

You could try the online banks as Boursorama and HelloBank, they're well known to be simple to register and cheap as they are online banks

Thank you so much, Clemntine!  This is so helpful -

Yeah, but then you're at the mercy of the bank when it comes to the conversion rate. Better to open a Wise account and pay the market rate.

Opening a bank account in France should be easy for you because you are married to a French man. It only gets complicated if you are single, or a couple with U.S. citizenship because of France tax treaty with the United States.

Obtaining euro currency should be easy as well. You can use your debit card to withdraw money from any bank (with transaction fees of course). Also, if you have cash in USD, you can go to any foreign exchange office to change your dollars.

Good luck, and have a great day!

I think Revolut use a forum to do the Q&A stuff. It's not easy to navigate - or I am perhps not good at forums  :/ .

Why not open an account anyway - it won't cost you anything - and then make use of the internal chatbots or actual people?

I have found them incredibly responsive and helpful, as opposed to my lifetime bank in the UK.

Luck.