School and Childcare in Panama

We are hoping to move to Panama laster this fall and are looking into school and child care options for our 1 and 4 year-old kids. We haven't visited yet, but I believe we'd like to be in Costa del Este. However, if schools are going to be remote, we are also considering hiring a nanny/tutor and living in Gorgona or Coronado for a year. (We can both work remotely.)

(1) Does anyone know if schools will be back in person for the 2021-2022 school year, or if everything is still remote due to COVID?

(2) If schools are back in person, are there good daycares for our 1 year-old, or does everyone with toddlers just get a nanny?

(3) If the nanny route is the way to go, what is the best way to find a trustworthy nanny, and what do we need to know about local labor laws, contracts, etc.?

(4) What are the best private schools around Panama City (for the 4 year-old), and where should you live if you go to that school? 

Thank you!

Panama is a big ugly congested city
nothing for children

Hello we will be in Panama for July August  September with our 3 year old daughter   We live in Panama several months of the year    There are many good schools with both UK and US curriculum.   Also nannies and housekeepers etc there which we are looking into further this time    We can send you some of our information and where our daughter will attend.  Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I'll take you up on any information you're willing to share- thank you!  Feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks again!

We have our daughter as Casco School in Casco Viejo.  Very happy with it.   great school

There was news from Meduca that kids will be back to attending classes at school for the next school year. Regular school year here starts every March but there are some International schools that follows the US    academic year. As for nannies, my friend is the President of the Filipino community in Panama and  she can help you find a trustworthy nanny here. She also works at a law firm so she can also advice you regarding the labor laws here. Their law firm helped us with the process of getting our permanent visa here. If you want I can send you her contact info.

The Casco school which is very good has just moved location, starting Monday,   Our daughter is 3 and enjoys its very much.   It is still in Casco but closer to the French Embassy/Quarter   

We would also be interested to find a nanny.    Matthew