Work Visa for Germany

Hi, I am from Pakistan and working in Italy at the moment. I got a job offer from Munich and applied for my work visa 6 weeks ago from German Embassy in Rome, but till now i dont have any feedback from the Embassy.

Anyone here who followed the procedure recently, I want to have an idea how much time are they taking at the moment???

One can only say in general that this seems to be a long time if you have given in all of the required documents. But who can possibly say what is going on in a particular office? Especially in these times with constant changing Covid restrictions one cannot say what is normal. Why not just contact the officials you gave your application to? They are the ones who should know and I think following up with such an inquiry is OK. From my experiences, if German officials are missing some document they will wait forever rather than contact you to let you know there is a hold up; so best to double check with them.

I actually wrote to them and they are contantly saying its still under process and all the documents are complete. If there will be some additional document needed we will let you know.

My starting date was 1st of July 2021 and I had my appointment in the embassy on 21 May 2021. But no luck yet. Now my employer has moved the joining date further to 15 July 2021

So you already have all the information that there is.
The only thing you lack is the patience required in dealing with them.
I admit that is difficult, but there is no alternative, unfortunately.

My question wa to get an idea about how much times its taking theses days if someone has recently applied for work visa from Italy. So that I could plan accordingly and yes this is the true test of patience.

Did you finally receive the visa! I am waiting for mine for a few weeks now, no luck.

Normally takes 4 weeks, but mxm 8weeks is the timeline. You must have the fiction visa though?

I think fiction Visa wont apply in my case.
Did you apply for German Visa from Italy/ other EU country ?

Yes. Thats a temporary visa until the real visa arrives

Hi, I had applied for a Job-seeker visa from India for the duration of 6 months. 8 weeks was the standard waiting time for processing the application once all the required documents had been submitted. They follow this timeline for all other visas, including Employment Visa but not for Schengen Visas. Currently, the timeline could vary in this Covid situation. Also, they have cautioned the applicants about this on almost all their websites. You would get a standard mail reply quoting the above reason for the queries via email. I suggest you get a new appointment and talk to the officials in person where you have applied. Chances are they may expedite the process if the timeline is not met. I wish you all the best.

I can reach the embassy through email and phone, however, they cannot estimate how long it will take.