New in Singapore

Hi all,

I just moved to Singapore about a week ago with my boyfriend who is now working here.
I am now looking for work and new friends however I am finding this to be very difficult. Have anyone been in the same situation?? Apart from that I find Singapore to be great fun and I am really excited to be here. :)

Looking forward hearing from you guys!! Thanks!!!

Hello alexandrakry!

I hope that other members will share their experience with you soon.

For the work, maybe you could tell us about your job experience/ field, it may be helpful to you.

Harmonie.:)

Hi Harmonie,

Thanks for your reply.

l I just graduated in London and now looking for work, anything within HR, Admin/Assistant work, really anything. But it's proving to be very difficult for foreigners to find work and especially if you're a graduate with not much work experience? Or is it just me finding it difficult? Any suggestion or advice is much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Alexandra

jobstreet.com.sg :P other than that, YES you're right finding jobs in Singapore is hard for fresh grads. Same case here, and I have zero work exp. not really getting anything meaningful :S

Hahahaaa, gee seeing how you're writing about how hard it is to find work in Singapore, I'm getting a little afraid myself!

haha...but your singaporean rite? you shouldnt have a problem. Sit back and relax!

Hello, I am moving to singapore on the 10th of august because of my boyfriend is working there. How is your experience? Did you find a job?

Yes its really hard but it takes time to find something good :)

Are u guys up for meeting up for a drink one night? Don't know many people out here than my bf and his friends and would love to meet some new people :) ?

I'm doing nothing this weekend. And nobody is really willing to hang. So if anybody is interested lemme know.

florence...it actually depends what kind of job you are looking for, I'm an engineer so it hasn't been that hard.

Follow 'SG Recruiters Group' on Face book for jobs update in singapore. Its really handy if you have FB in your mobile :)

I am up for meeting, let me know if you guys have any plans. Cheers.

SG Recruiters Group
Looking for a Temp 5 month HR Assistant/West.
jobstreet.com.sg/jo​bs/2011/7/default/20/2670243.h​tm?fr=J
Temp 5 month HR Assistant/West job - Search / Recruitment Firm
jobstreet.com.sg
Responsibilities: provide HR admin support to the team mainly be involved in assisting in the preparatory work assist in data entry and checking

well, IŽm afraid itŽs going to be difficult to me because I am forensic psychologist :S Anyway, i am looking forward to meet new people...it Žs nice reading about you!

wow forensic psychologist...sounds darn interesting! Anyways give it a try, u never know..u mite get lucky!

Hey Im new in Singapore as well. Meeting up with everyone for the weekend sounds like a great idea. How about Clarke Quay for Saturday evening?

I cant meet up this saturday (tonight) but if you ever fancy a drink just let me know!! :)

Hi, I'm from Indonesia but living and working in Singapore.

I believe , after you have some friends and networking in Singapore, will make easier to get a job opportunity information. :)

Have a nice meetup!

Cheers,

hi there, I'm new here and always up for meeting new people. There's already a few people I know from my old school but Id love to come along for a drink. Let me know when :)

Hey mr_elusive,

I don't know who is coming. It was a short notice after all. But let's see who wants to come. If not today then maybe tomorrow is fine too. Or you could invite your friends from school =)

ah right today or tomorrow will not be possible :) but sure up for another time :)

Quaze wrote:

Hey Im new in Singapore as well. Meeting up with everyone for the weekend sounds like a great idea. How about Clarke Quay for Saturday evening?

Ahhhhhhhh, Planning Planning and no action..... lol.
Did this meet ever happened????

Quaze,
I am up for drinks today evening after 7, I am working today till 7 and my office is in ORQ(pretty near to Clark Quay). I may accompany some of my colleagues with me. Let me know if you are interested (82687716). Cheers.

Cool. Anyone else wants to join?

Hey ,

I am too new to SG, any one interested for catching UP @ weekend , will be Gr8.

Pls let me know.

Thank You !!

-- Anshul

Hi to all

I'm just relocate back to Singapore, would like to hang out with new friend..
Pls send me pm ..it's very bored.. And feel lonely if possible can hang out for diner or coffee..looking forward..meet up..

Cheers

welcome to Singapore Kthy Naomi. It seems we share the same B'day :)

Hi alexandry you can join us sometime please do to add me in facebook so that you be able to join the group thanks