Housing and safety of international marriage

Hi everyone!

I am an American, planning to marry a Moroccan wife. She lives in Marrakech. I would like to spend a couple of months in Marrakech starting in August. How much does it cost to rent a 1 bedroom, in a safe, clean location, that is furnished per month in dirhams? and which website has the most apartment rentals for Marrakech?

Secondly, I am always worried about fake marriages, like the girl using me to get American citizenship, and then leaving once she gets her papers to live in the US legally, what are some signs? and how often does this happen?

Thank you.

szs525 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I am an American, planning to marry a Moroccan wife. She lives in Marrakech. I would like to spend a couple of months in Marrakech starting in August. How much does it cost to rent a 1 bedroom, in a safe, clean location, that is furnished per month in dirhams? and which website has the most apartment rentals for Marrakech?

Secondly, I am always worried about fake marriages, like the girl using me to get American citizenship, and then leaving once she gets her papers to live in the US legally, what are some signs? and how often does this happen?

Thank you.

Hi ref to apartment you can use Airbnb or Avito to locate apartments.

In the city can rent a apartment anything from 4500dh upwards for a furnished place some
Might include electric and water and other might not.

Gas bottle cost 40dh and usally last a
Few months.

My last rental in marrekech was in the city paid 4500dh not including electric and water.

One month deposit and first month rental
Required plus the agent Commision usally one month they seek. So first payment could be up to 3 months.

Some landlords ask for an additional
Amount in case you don't pay the bills.

As for the second questions you find this in every country. Not sure on what signs to find but if your both happy and care for each other then you should be fine but just take your time to get to
No each other and follow both heart and brain.

If you need more advised please private message me I'm living in marrekech also.

Good luck to you and all the best.