Recommendations on shipping pitbull to Honduras

I would like to send my 3 year old pitbull to Honduras  and found out that none of the Airlines will ship a pitbull to Honduras.  I contacted a few pet transport companies only to find that they charge thousands of dollars.  Any advice from my expat.com friends?

Hello,

Airlines do ship dogs to Central America under certain conditions. Two months ago three dogs were shipped from Belize to the US.

I would he surprised if any airline would ship a pit bull anywhere. I used to ship a lot of animals and and about 10 years ago all airlines adopted a rule eliminating shipping dogs with short noses.

There is also a heat restriction of about 85 at each airport. Above the airlines threshold no animals ship.

My be an exception but I doubt it.

Steve

Also check there are new restrictions on dogs coming back into the US.  Drive down or charter a plane.  There are several people doing that to get dogs here.

Found a trucker who travels from Virginia to Honduras once a month.  He was kind enough to bring my dog down to Honduras.  Everything worked out fine.

Do you have that truck drivers info?

I'll check and see if he is willing to transport another dog.  We had to beg and plead and he finally gave in.