Settled Status Replacement Card Application

Hi everyone,

I have applied for my BRC replacement to replace the old EEA card on 30th of April on the UKVI website.

I then received an email from UKVCAS that i don't have to attend a biometrics appointment and I can use their official app to upload my documents which was on May 5th and I did that.

I have been waiting for 6 weeks now and I just wanted to check my application on the UKVI website and it says, I have to attend a biometrics appointment by July 2nd.

I don't understand the disconnect between, I've never received an email from UKVI that I must attend an appointment because I was allowed to do it by the UKVCAS app.

Or am I getting it all mixed up?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi there,

I have not ever gotten one of those cards but I'm working on my application for citizenship and there seem to be some similarities.

It's probably for the Biometric Data that you do need to go to an appointment although I remember when I applied just for Indefinite Leave to Remain status, I didn't need to go to an appointment for that.

It could also have something to do with the documents that you need to supply.

I hope this helps a little.

Kind regards,

Sisqi

I understand now that I was selected to do use the app but I did not need to attend an appointment, even though it says I should on the UKVI page but something else says on UKVCAS.

The problem now is that it is taking quite a bit of time and I need to apply -normally- for a Schengen Visa to Norway if UK residents are allowed from September but can I do so with just online status? I hardly think so.

3 months has it been but I've finally received it. Good luck to everybody who is waiting for theirs!