Spouse visa acceptance likelihood

Hi all,

Really hoping that I can get some advice with my current situation.

My UK based company have agreed that I can continue to work in my current role remotely in Poland.

My wife is polish and we want to relocate there.

Does anyone have any advice about whether a spouse visa should be obtained before moving there or whether I can do it once I am there? What I'm trying to avoid is embarking on the big move and then for the spouse visa to be rejected. We have been married 8 years and have two eng/Pol children.

Thanks very much!

Hi James,

We were in a similar situation regarding the move from the UK to Poland but we moved way before Brexit so maybe it's not so similar now. (I didn't need a visa back then.)

Have you tried calling the Polish embassy in the UK? If they won't be able to do anything, they might be able to give you some pointers of where to look when you get here? It might be a good first step?

Where do you think you're going to move to?

We moved from London to a small village in the south of Poland and can definitely recommend it. We love it here.

Best wishes and good luck with the move.
Aby

Hi Any,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried calling the polish Embassy and they referred me to their website which is hard to navigate.  There isn't an option to apply for a spouse visa on their website, only for a nationals visa or Schengen visa.  I've put an application in for a national visa (god knows if that's right) and have an appointment at the Embassy on 2 July. I guess I'll find out then.

We're moving from Northampton to Katowice. Great to hear that you enjoy it there. I love spending time in Poland and sincerely hope i can make it happen.

Next steps are school and PESEL for my children. So much red tape!

I dont know anything about a spouse visa but Im UK based and married to a Pole for 12 years. I have a pesel number and interested to know if I can secure residence without having to pass the onerous language test. We were planning to move prior to Covid and have our belongings in storage in Poland. Its all up in the air now dont know where we stand. Anyone have some ideas ?

Cheers

D.

Hi there, the language test is definitely only for citizenship and you can stay here without obtaining citizenship. Regarding the stay I am not 100% certain, but I think this is how it works: You can get a temporary residence or long term residence permit, depending on the situation. EU citizens don't even need a residence permit, but you have to register your presence here in the province you reside if more than 30 days. Only a work permit if you wish to work here.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.