Homeopathy in the Dominican?

Hello all! I'm wondering how available if at all are homeopathic remedies? Are there homeopaths working innate DR? If once living in the DR, would I be able to obtain shipment from a homeopathic pharmacy in the states to provide remedies?

Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thank You!!

I don't know about the availability here, but as long as what you want to import is not illegal here, you should be fine.

The caution would be keeping shipments below $200 each to avoid import taxes, and concern for exposure to heat in transit. Because of those two concerns, I've stocked up on essential oils while in the US and flown back with more than I would typically keep on hand!

You will need to be careful "providing remedies"  if that is for you and your family,   then likely no issues.  Selling or providing to others can  get you in big trouble here!  Much of this is not recognized.

Good point Planner! I assumed it was for personal use.

Yes, absolutely for personal use and not for sale. Thank you for your responses. It's an important part of our health and also helps to determine what's supported in a potential move to the DR.

I haven't seen a homeopath in Punta Cana.  But you can always go down the dirt roads and find out about homeopathic remedies, aka what natural concoctions people take because they can't afford to go to the doctor.  It's not called “homeopathy” here, it's called being poor.

Oh and you can also find a curandera to do Reiki and energy healing, for cents on the dollar.  They might even have crystals, sage, feathers, brews…  they don't take health insurance though.

Interesting twist, eh?  Welcome to the other side ;)

angarci1 wrote:

I haven't seen a homeopath in Punta Cana.  But you can always go down the dirt roads and find out about homeopathic remedies, aka what natural concoctions people take because they can't afford to go to the doctor.  It's not called “homeopathy” here, it's called being poor.

Oh and you can also find a curandera to do Reiki and energy healing, for cents on the dollar.  They might even have crystals, sage, feathers, brews…  they don't take health insurance though.

Interesting twist, eh?  Welcome to the other side ;)

===============================
angarci1-

I'm not sure how safe it would be wandering down unfamiliar dirt roads in the DR and asking random people what natural remedies they use for ailments. That said, in my opinion Its a shame the knowledge isn't more widely shared as the 'poor' people you mention have some very important knowledge on healing in their native land.

And yes, I would be interested in meeting/speaking with a curandera for Reiki, energy healing and otherwise.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your comment "Interesting twist, eh?  Welcome to the other side"  What is the twist you find interesting?  If you would please clarify for me I would appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Understand a lot of what you will deal with is  both passed down actual knowledge and a bunch of  urban legend ridiculous  BS. 

For example was recently told  Coconut oil CURES diabetes and now it also cures COVID.  Yup, I dont think so but here people will swear by it!

How about how  you cannot shower until your feet cool down if you just came home, because that will cause a stroke.

Or open the fridge door if you have been ironing.... again causes strokes.

Etc etc etc.

Hello

DO NOT wander around dirt roads and ask strangers about the remedies they use!!!!

If you need something, its best to take the proper meds from a qualified doctor. If you have high blood pressure for example, you dont take the meds, you can have a stroke and die.  If you have diabetes, and you dont take care of yourself, you will die early and suffer alot of consequences.  Trust me. Spirit alcohol, which many people here love (especially that rum) is very bad for diabetes!  If you mix the apple juice with it, or coke, look out!   Some people just dont know that.   But never mind my comments about alcohol, I am not a doctor.

Please, be smart people.  Not everyone here has good recommendations, even though they mean well.

planner wrote:

Understand a lot of what you will deal with is  both passed down actual knowledge and a bunch of  urban legend ridiculous  BS. 

For example was recently told  Coconut oil CURES diabetes and now it also cures COVID.  Yup, I dont think so but here people will swear by it!

=====================================
lol, yes I agree these are a bit ridiculous Planner.  KarinyCarlos, though the Spirit alcohol might be tasty, this is not the homeopathic remedies I make reference to.

The homeopathic remedies I'm speaking of are real homeopathic remedies. For example Ledum for a bee sting. Ledum wouldn't naturally be found in the DR because its native to cool termperature and subarctic regions of the Northern Hemisphere.

It's unfortunate that the word homeopathy has the prefix “home” in it because it gives the impression that homeopathy is synonymous with home remedies, food supplements, vitamins and herbs. In fact, homeopathy does not incorporate any of these modalities.

Homeopathy is derived from the Greek word “homeo” meaning like or similar and “pathos” meaning pathology or illness. So the literal meaning of homeopathy is similar illness. This means that a homeopathic medicine is administered based upon its ability to mimic the disease state, thereby stimulating the body to heal itself.

Personally I am NOT a doctor...I do prefer homeopathic remedies and protocols to the heavily prescribed Allopathic drugs. As stated, if we're planning on moving and retiring here in the DR I want to make sure I can bring (which I have brought mine in when vacationing) and have delivered through ordering at my homeopathic pharmacy to our residence in the DR.

Sunshine,  any experiences with Turkey Tail and Lions Mane? 

I also have a friend who was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer that had metastasized. 
He went to Thailand to spend his last days and while there, met a homeopathic Doctor who put him on a strict diet and natural treatments.
That was 12 years ago. He has been cancer free for 11 years, so I know there's alternatives that work.

Hi Sunshine,
We need to know where in DR to be able to answer yes/no.
Can you find a naturalist, herbalist, homeopath that will charge you in Santo Domingo?  Yes.
Is it the quality of care you are expecting?  Maybe.
Can you find a good one in another town?  It depends. 

What town(s) are you looking at?  DR is BIG.

@angarci1

My request was more about obtaining the remedies in country. I study homeopathy and our family uses homeopathy over allopathic Rx's. I think I'll have to order up what I need and some extra and bring it with me. Once living in the DR we can go about looking for an appropriate homeopath nearby where we decide to reside.

My questions are pretty general at this point as we haven't currently selected the best area for us to live. We are in the research stage.  :)

@jdjonesdr

No I have not, though I think that's wonderful news for your friend.  I know the Doctors Banjeri do a great job helping those with all aliments to heal, including cancer treatment.  Do you know the name of who helped your friend?

SunshineMoran19 wrote:

@jdjonesdr

No I have not, though I think that's wonderful news for your friend.  I know the Doctors Banjeri do a great job helping those with all aliments to heal, including cancer treatment.  Do you know the name of who helped your friend?

No I  don't unfortunately, I believe he is in Pattaya.

I'll try to find out for you.

jdjonesdr wrote:
SunshineMoran19 wrote:

@jdjonesdr

OK, he told me it was an Indonesian Doctor. This is their website:  www.arogayaved.com/

jdjonesdr wrote:
SunshineMoran19 wrote:

@jdjonesdr

Whoops. I posted the website and got blocked.   

If you google this name it will pop up      arogayaved.com/