Finnish culture

Hello everyone, I hope you are well. Please I have a question for a case that I live with my Finnish wife, I come from North Africa, I lived in a rather conservative culture, but with time I was able to develop my own cognitive mechanism so I tolerate the culture of the western world but within limits. Please my wife still keeps her pictures with her ex-fiancé on facebook. I asked her many times to delete them because she easily started a new life with me and we have a daughter between us. The first time she said she can't delete them because it's a period in her life, the second time she agreed but she said she doesn't know how. I don't know how to convince her to remove them because of the current health situation I am far from her. I can easily leave her if she doesn't want to remove them but I think about my little one who will grow up without a dad.
And I would like to know is that in normal in your culture ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hello, I am glad that I saw your post so that I can be for any help. Let me starting by sharing one of my stories; I am also a non western country immigrant in the west as you. Once I also had a girlfriend/living together partner who kept pictures of her ex partner on her facebook and when I asked her to remove all of that she also tried to find different excuses, but since it bothered me very much just like it bothers you now I kind of gave her an ultimatum, and then instead of removing pictures she closed her account (you know those facebook accounts can't really close only become inactive). I wasn't totally happy on it even though it was a kind of creative and unexpected action, but I saw a struggling and a true attempt to meet halfway there. The best part is that unlike yours she was not even really western but only had moved to Sweden from another non western country when she was in her early teenage years.   

However what I understood later was that it is not only western women who want to keep their memories of life but it is all women regardless of where they come from or grow up. The thing is in many non western countries there is no possibility whatsoever in line with the culture or the way of life to keep any memory of anyone before and often there is no one before, so there is nothing to even bother for anyone out of the couple, therefore men like us have very hard time with facing this new realty even though we have as you describe it perfectly developed our own cognitive mechanism to tolerate the culture.

I know Moroccan culture to some level and I know how protective Moroccan men can be when it comes to their family members, it is kind of "all or nothing" attitude. But in this case you have to use the mechanism you have developed so far and explain to her how a Moroccan sees these type of things and why you can't help the way you feel about it. I mean it is not really you who bother here but the understanding your culture had given you, and in her case it is the culture that had given her the possibility to act as the way she act. If both of you would be able to understanad that factor you two will be able to find a solution to respect each others culture and meet halfway which is very important for the sake of the child. All the best!

I forgot to mention that I also noticed that she liked her own appearance in those pictures more than who she shared them with. She had been younger when the pictures were taken and obviously she looked way beautiful than she was by the time. Beauty is something all women are obsessed with and they rather don't want to get rid of pictures when they think they are beautiful in them, rest of it is not that important for them. And all this concept of facebook that show your beauty out to the world and boast yourself is a real killer.

However you must be smart that you should try very very hard before you decide any further, because you must have very good acceptable reasons to tell your child if the worst happen and one day the child will ask you why you did as you did, because of a picture on facebook is definitely not a good acceptable reason.

Hey man ! Hope you're doing well. Could I ask you something please ? Thank you in advance.